what psi for each cylinder?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Post em up.

I have NFI about the CG but i'd hazard 160 to 170psi would be the average.

If the readings differ on each cylinder (not by like 3psi, i mean if they vary by like over 5psi on one or more cylinders) then you got a problem.

CMF_warpz0r

» CMF Member
because we may have found out why my engine hasnt been starting...

the injectors are staying full open upon starting it... when we disconnected the injectors it would stutter and stall...

compression is kind of low on all cylinders, but that could be because of the extra fuel in there mixing with the oil and not giving a good seal for the pistons...

on compression test #1 cylinders 2 and 3 were down low

on compression test #2 after the car stuttering the compression raised and evened out in all cylinders...

weird

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Was there an ECU specification change in the K11's at any point? (other than the NATS immobiliser function added to it)

Fuel pressure regulator faulty? Throttle position sensor malfunctioning/on the wrong way/jammed? Wiring fault? Auto choke playing up?

O2 sensor brand new?

You sir need to get your car hooked up to a Nissan consult.

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
Standard - 13 bars
Minimum - 11 bars
Max diff between cyl - 0.98 bars

Having fuel in the cylinders will cock up the result as you will loose compression, you will need to disconnect the fuel pump fuse or the dizzy plugs to stop the injectors and give it a good few cranks to regain the oil seal around the pistons.

How do you know the injectors are firing all the time?

CMF_warpz0r

» CMF Member
we know the injectors are firing all the time as they are flooding the cylinders and upon disconnection the car will begin to stutter... but while connected it wont even make a slight sound of firing....

do most mechanics have a nissan consult machine or do i have to take it to nissan?

will nissan charge me for telling me whats wrong with the car?

Back