What other cars will the K10 engine/ gearbox fit?

With the K11, Its the reverse of a CG10/CG13 into a K10. You'd need to convert fuel injection system back to carb etc & probably change a few other bits. It's all been discussed before

Hi Bob!

The thing is amazing, especially after the RR tune up, done 10,000 with no problems at all due to the simplicity of the engine!

It is actually faster than my brothers VTEC Civic which has 115BHP! Fuel economy is good (when driven below 3k which is easy) and the pleasure the power brings is superb. This combined with the 100% race sounding exhaust note and speedy revs (like a motorbike!) equates to an exhilarating drive... better than anything modern that’s for sure, it also makes injected and turbo cars feel lethargic as they require WOT to make any decent sensation!

I think what makes it so nice to drive is the amount of torque per ton at any RPM. I keep revs down to 6k but as you know Bob there is a load more power above this, just being careful like you said!

Just wondering if I could put it in something more modern like a K11 that’s all... fancy that job Bob :) ?

Pietro

hey guys, sorry to interupt, but im very intrested in your set up pietro, I want to do the same thing to my k10, can you possibly give me a list of things im gonna need to collect to get a twin carb set up working on a 1.2 k10 engine,and also I noticed your mentioning about rev limiting, can you explain this a little more? any infomation would be greatly appreciated :grinning:

Box is a 1.2 item and is the one ED fitted, ts holding up just great. Clutch is holding up fine too.

What going on with your car Arnold?

Normski:

My setup is very expensive and complicated, it would cost thousands if you attempted to do this from scratch - just look at some of my modification in my signature - this does not include syspension, decent tyres and the expense of the rolling road tune etc.

My carb is 100% unique, I am pretty sure it nave made it too mass production, the chances of finding another is 1000 to 1! It was a very lucky find!

I removed the rev limiter because it had a fault (unreliable electronics!) - I don't really need it any way as I have fitted a rev gauge now.

I could make over 100BHP easy with 3D mapping but this would cost a fortune, be only usefull top end (not really needed) and be something else to go wrong.

The beauty if the K10 is the zero un-necessary electronics and simple engineering!

I also think that at the cars current power everything is at the absolute limit, more power at this stage is pointless and would not be cost effective.

:)

What going on with your car Arnold?

I've got a 1.2 lined up with reprofiled cam, and already have the custom bike carb inlet and outlet manifolds. The engine itself has only done about 50K miles i believe, but im hoping to send this off to someone and have it all stripped down & made as new. I keep forgetting to ring the bloke up! Would like it made stronger & more efficient too. My only fear is the gearbox wont cope with all the changes, despite being reconditioned 18 months back.

Your car sounds totally awesome though... Bring it to JAE!?

Sure - when is JAE? I should bring it yes, it might do a 16/17 second quarter mile! :)

Aronld will the Bike carbs actually work that well?

I suggest you attempt to use them on your current setup before going any further in terms of development and cost.

I would also not bother spending on the engine at this stage. Perfection can be acheived once development is 100% confirmed, whats the cost of a new engine anyway! :)

The gearbox will cope (although it may wear faster), the clutch will be pushed the most and is likely to fail first I think.

Yeah the bike carbs were on Paul's K10, rolling roaded at around 80bhp i think. With a cam + other bits on top, i think he said your looking at near 100, i believe that's what he was told anyway!

The 1.2 is out the car and ready to be looked at. I was going to fit the stuff to my Ma10, but id rather just set it all up on the engine that's going in, after all, i know it works quite well! :)

JAE

jae2007.gif

Go here >> for details http://www.micra.org.uk/t14534-the-jae-information-thread.html

Paul sent me a disgruntled email a while ago stating he had enough of this forum?

Looks like with a skimmed and flowed engine, lightened and balanced flywheel you may acheive the same power as me. There is no more to be had without 3D mapping from this lump! :)

How can it be mapped when it doesn't have an ECU? That bit confuses me :) also, the bike carbs are more revvy than standard carbs. Im not quite sure how well that would work with a lightend flywheel!

I really can't imagine the bike carbs being better mated then the AMG Webers (now a Mercedes Tuning Company www.mercedes-amg.com) which also have the most perfect K10 inlet design I have ever seen!

My K10 does rev like a motorbike which can be a bit hard to control sometimes :)

ps. The 3D map is an ignition map only (not like a usual ECU).

so there's no control of the fuel, just when the spark happens?

I'd be quite interested to have a race with yours once all mine is completed! :) - The bike carb manifold also looks excellent, one port per carb (4 carbs), no restrictions at all! It might need re-jetting but i'l worry about that another time. I don't think i've seen yours so can't really compare, but to produce that power it must be good

Why would you want to spend all the money, buying a k11 to put it in (which is heavier than a k10), then the money to convert it!

When for near enough the same money, you could get a CG13 k11 with a janspeed and get similar probably slightly better performance

Because Alienfish360 people like to be different, people also like a challenge and even enjoy tuning projects like this. Money can't buy this.

he hee carb wars! :)

the bike carbs work like an SU using a variable venturi instead of accelerator pump stuff like webers, so it would be interesting to see which setup gave the most power :) both are droolsome in my eyes :love:

Back