CG13 Engine to K10 gearbox - will it fit?

16vFig

Ex. Club Member
Hi All,

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I have spent an hour trying to search the answer and I can see lots of threads about swapping CG10 and CG13 boxes and others talking about using a CG10 box in a K10.

But what I want to know is this-
Will a 5 speed gearbox out of a G-reg (1990) 1.2 GS K10 bolt up to a CG13 engine out of a P-reg (97) K11?

If Yes, which flywheel and clutch should I use?
If No, what doesn't fit, is it a different bell housing bolt pattern?

Thanks!

yes, with the preface cg 1.0 f/w and clutch, and open up the bellhousing boltholes a tad :)

Thanks Frank(Y)
Do I also need the CG10 starter, or will the CG13 starter that I've got be okay? Or do I need the K10 starter?

Thanks Frank(Y)
Do I also need the CG10 starter, or will the CG13 starter that I've got be okay? Or do I need the K10 starter?

:) i would guess the k10 one personally (and only the coilpack k11 starter is different to the others)

BTW - why must I use the cg10 flywheel and clutch? Is it the bolt pattern or clearance or what?
Thanks!

the ma are 5 bolt crank fitting mate (cg are 6) but the clutch is basicly the same :) (you will need a hybrid friction plate like mine if you exceed 100hp tho)

I've got a cg 5 speed if you wanna swap :)

Thanks for the offer but that's not going to help me out- I'm doing a CG13 Engine into a Figaro and I've got a CG13 box but it's a bit of a pain to modify the rear mount and hook up the shifter. I've found a K10 5 speed and I know they bolt straight in to a Figaro so thought it might be easier so long as it bolts to the CG13 engine!

the ma are 5 bolt crank fitting mate (cg are 6) but the clutch is basicly the same :) (you will need a hybrid friction plate like mine if you exceed 100hp tho)

Thanks again Frank(Y)
To clarify- so I've got to use a CG flywheel with the CG13 crank because of the bolt pattern.
But why the CG10 flywheel and not the CG13 flywheel?

Back