What is this pipe for?

Guys im looking around for an induction kit for my K11

but im confused on what a certain pipe is for on most of the Induction kits

some kits have them and others dont so

what is this pipe and what is it for?

heres a picture
B14igW2kKGrHqQOKj4EhqIjqtBMgRHIt6kg_12.jpg

It'll be for venting crankcase vapours into the air intake. Should attach to a nub of pipe on the valve cover :).

but if i have the mini air filter attached do i need to attach this blue pipe?

and if i have to choose which would give me the better performance?

Don't know about performance but You could just as easily block off the blue pipe and leave the breather filter on.

im trying to think what would look nicer because i reckon that they would act the same, but the mini filter gives it that edge look like it has 2 filters but the blue pipe would look like i have some coloured hosing around my engine...decisions decisions haha

Keep the mini filter that way way you won't get oily vapours into your induction. Just block the extra hole on the induction kit where the blue pipe is attached.

okay thanks a lot guys for the help i really appreciate it and iv learnt from this as well :) buying the induction today hopefully and soon will be fitting it il take a picture for you guys to see

Keep the mini filter that way way you won't get oily vapours into your induction. Just block the extra hole on the induction kit where the blue pipe is attached.

oily crankcase vapours can enter the inlet manifold via the PCV during closed throttle and out the engine cover PCV breather port during high load depending on how much blowby the engine produces

Crankcase vapours are sent back to the induction side to be burnt and be made less harmful to help polution, but reduces engine efficiency depending howmuch vapours your engine produces. Let it vent to atmosphere and plant a tree to offset your polution ;)

Back