Decat pipe

Hi,
just want to know if i make up a decat pipe so i can switch it when it comes to mot time , will it give me the loud noise im looking for? also does anyone have a picture of theres and what collars do i need to connect to manifold and pipe?
thanks

i taught this option would be cheaper as i like the tip on the original exhaust and its a kind of stealth look if you know what i mean:D

can anyone tell me if i cut out all the baffles in the rear box will it effect the emissions for mot/nct? Casue it will still haver its two cats?

Btw I had a full decat on standard exhaust and it had no noise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Scott didn't you have a facelift mid section? If so, that's got a silencer in. If you wanna run a standard back box with a full straight through like I had for a while, it sounds like a moped :/ does make good fire though :)

i couldnt be arsed going throught the bother of making a staight through, just looking cheap and simple, no money at all really

so my only way of any sort of noise without going near the cats is debaffle rear silencer?
you can remove the 2nd cat np (if yours has one) but not the 1st cat, if you want to pass the emissions, and the back box does most of the noise reduction.
so a straight pipe instead of the back box will brap brap :)

little confused here, so remove 2nd cat and i have brap brap or remove 2nd cat and straight pipe where silencer should be or keep silencer?

im thinking of either cutting open silencer and weld a straight pipe through it or cut box out and weld exhaust tip onto pipe, ill prob go with the first idea

If you add a decat pipe later on though, (especially one that's just a straight spool), it'll turn the car into a right irritating noise box >.<

If you add a decat pipe later on though, (especially one that's just a straight spool), it'll turn the car into a right irritating noise box >.<
Agreed. You need a silencer or back box of some sort.

Finto if you'e going to remove the cat and rear silencer it'll result in the sound that resembles agricultural vehicles.

thats a nice wee noise off it ill do that, anyone know it it pass mot/nct no?

If you want to hear what it sounds like on your car just unbolt the back-box and start her up. If you wanted you could cut where the pipe meets the back-box to retain that bend to clear the rear axle and weld a bit more on and put an exhaust tip on. It should be fine for the MOT.

If you want to hear what it sounds like on your car just unbolt the back-box and start her up. If you wanted you could cut where the pipe meets the back-box to retain that bend to clear the rear axle and weld a bit more on and put an exhaust tip on. It should be fine for the MOT.
Mine failed on having no baffles in the backbox...

Back