seat belt re-movel

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
right call me stupid...but how do remove the front seat belt...i know both bolts are 17mm....but how do remove the plastic trim thats at the top of the seat belt on right or left of the seats? does it just pop off with a flap blade or somthing as ive havent really looked :p iam taking the seat belts off as i want to wax oil the sills, so i have to get the rear 1/4 plastic trims out and by doing this the seat belt needs taking off....

cheers
dan

Righto Dan, there is a screw holding the rear quarter trim on, it's behind the seatbelt where it dissappears into it, other than that all the trim is just clip on or off, but be carefull it's quite brittle and easy to snap, I've just done my sills with Waxoyl, its a messy business.

you mean somewhere around here??

Attachments

• DSC00220ssssss.JPG
    DSC00220ssssss.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 303
ive got to get round to this soon ive already treated the outside of the sill with underseal with added wax oil (just the bit were the outer sill welds to the floor pan) next is fill from the inside with wax oil proper

very strange sonic...mine doesnt have a bolt there??? nor does anyone elses ive come across.

(btw, this was squarepants on my account. i would've realised it was because yours is a march;))

maybe it's because it's an import March, the bottom mount for the belts are different too, on an Brit K11 the belt is on a slider at the bottom the same as a K10, mine is bolted straight to the inner sill without the slide rail.

ive got to get round to this soon ive already treated the outside of the sill with underseal with added wax oil (just the bit were the outer sill welds to the floor pan) next is fill from the inside with wax oil proper

sills start rotting from the inside...so no need to do the outside really...oh and sonic, as you said it must be becuase its a march...and an early model aswell that could have somthing to do with it lol.

i had surface rust were the paint had chiped arround were the sill meets the floorpan so i wire brushed it off to bare metal and treated it but the inside of the sills are next!

dan i've already told you how to do this. unbolt the top seat belt pivot so you can remove the upper cover, then remove the lower cover. to reomve the lower cover fully, you need to undo the lower seat belt bar and slide the seat belt off the bar and through the hole in the lower cover,

Back