what does every1 else do

yo, not one to jump on the band wagon but was just wondering what the normal mods engine wise are for a 1L w/out a coil pack on a m plate and also i read that people fit 1L pistons to 1.3's how could i do a simalar thing i presume 1.3 crank and head ??? and irc ga16de injectors fit right on in ??? pretty sure others are wanting to know the same questions thanks in advance :)

Intake - A decent uprated air filter in the CG airbox or replace with an Almer GA Airbox which is bigger and better.
Exhaust - A decent exhaust system of a 4 branch manifold and all the way to the backbox. People tend to choose the Peter Lloyd rally system as it gets good reviews with other members.
Camshafts - You can upgrade the camshafts to give a bit more grunt from the engine. Custom re-grinds, piper cams etc.

GA16 injectors fit fine but people say they cause the car to run rich in certain areas.

Those are the common modifications you can do to the engine before going further. If you wanted more power then you can run a 1.3 engine with 1.0 pistons to raise the compression ratio and make more power. But that means opening up and engine and changing stuff, which some people arent totally comfortable with or dont have the correct tools to take on such a task.

Hope this helps. Also the search button is your friend.

drop a cg13 crank in there and cg13 cams and you effectively have a cg13 :)

or drop a cga crank in and have a 1311cc with a 15:1 compression ratio :eek:

Attachments

• SDC11932.JPG
    SDC11932.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 354
or drop a cga crank in and have a 1311cc with a 15:1 compression ratio :eek:

Blimey! didnt know that as an option! thought the cga was basically a completely different engine.
15:1 eh. is that a little high!? How big are the ringlands on those pistons frank? is there scope to get a bit machined off?

Blimey! didnt know that as an option! thought the cga was basically a completely different engine.
15:1 eh. is that a little high!? How big are the ringlands on those pistons frank? is there scope to get a bit machined off?

i think so ed, 13:1 would be nice tho eh (with the right inlet cam)
and the coilpack (slipper type) pistons have very thin ringlands eh :eek: (left and right) ideal for N/A tho :cool:

Attachments

• PICT0205.JPG
    PICT0205.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 312
I see, thought i remembered you saying the ringlands were very thin. maybe scope for dishing though...

i have in mind 2 headgaskets and stock cams initially ed, then shave a bit off the quenchsteps and 1 gasket and a 260/10mm inlet cam :grinning:

Attachments

• PICT0368.JPG
    PICT0368.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 302
Good on you (Y) Best of luck!

So whats the spec your planning on? Or is it a secret? :p

ta :) the current engine has 1.0 pistons and 260/10mm inlet cam mate and only managed 16.2 last week :( (bluey was doing 16.0,s on gas !)
this engine will have a bit more stroke and compression, and i think i,m gonna need a better exh cam too to beat dave,s 15.7

Back