What do you guys think?

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Thinking of saving this micra front the dead.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1995-NISSAN-MICRA-/260825237278?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3cba65471e

Few legal issue tho:
1. Will i get a clear tittle? Imagine the police or someone knocking on your door wanting there car back.
2. Can be be registered after i get it going again? Going to Vicroad and they telling you the person who sold the car to you is not the owner.
3. Car isnt from Vic its interstate.
4. Even for parts? Put it in your car..few years down the track get pull over, police check...stolen part?

Any legal minded person please give me your advice
cheers

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
i "think" there is a law where if a vehicle is abondoned you can take ownership with a written letter from the council/police, ive been to some wreckers and theyve had abandoned cars in and i asked one time, youd have to double check though, that K11 looks well past its use by date though :(

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Just do a vin check make sure no money owed( but it sounds like the seller has done that) and if its not registered u should have legal ownership with a sale receipt.

Plus possesion is 9/10ths the law. So u can just argue that old mate dumped it and u adopted it off the council.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
If the bidding stays around the current figure I'd say it's worth it. Hatch and bonnet don't look too bad and you'd pay more then that for bits from the wreakers.
Unless engine had been horribly abused/neglected then it would most likely run.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Body looks straight, paint's rooted, glove box latch is broken?
But you're planning on stripping it and old red paint tends to fade a lot. Plus its a reason to give it a new paint job.

If the shell is straight it should be good. Check the rails under the car are straight and look down the length of the car on each side for ripples or little kinks. (signs of a crash). The rad support tends to rust first so check that too.

Potential is there.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
You'll find title owning only applies to cars under 7 years old.. After this date they arnt worth enough for collateral.

You will also find that any repo company would not leave a car sitting if its available for pickup.

I would say you'll be fine but get the vin checked with traffic authority.

Back