What do u think of this, first car

hey,

I am getting my first car and have a nice micra lined up, I just wanted to know what u peeps thought.

Its a N reg, 1.0 5dr shape, with only 9000 miles on the clock, i know its not particually sporty (completly stock, owned by an old lady i think) or anything but should get me from a to b nicely. its £1850, good deal?

Oh, is there anything i should look out for when I go and see it? like any particular problem spots on that may have developed in that time?

Cheers
Chris

no, asking too much i would say...

here's a whatcar valuation, with the 9000 miles taken into account..

http://www.whatcar.com/Valuations_Result.asp?MA=29&MV=23443&ED=15232&UP=1510024&miles=9000

Dealer £1,479
Private £1,161
Part Ex £632
Trade £594
these are prices for a 9k micra as you said above.
check for the look of the engine oil on the dip stick and filler cap.
any rattles from gearbox or engine, any hesitations when on test drive, and clunks from driveshafts. then look for rust under the front bumper area, check the whole panel, avoid it if its badly rusting.
and check all the headlights work correctly and the connectors to the bulbs are not melting.

thought I would post a little update...

went to see it today, and omg you wouldn't believe the condition, I checked it all over for about 30mins then took it on a test drive and what a pleasure to drive (very different from the desiel I learn't in!) The interior is unbelievable as is the engine and it passed ts mot with flying colours yesterday.

its a 16v 1.0 something I wasn't told, but a nice surprise i guess.

But I can now see why u guys (and girls) like them so much.

didn't know that, cool, cheers mate

one slight problem though - when it was mot'd the oil cap was left off :down:

oil all over the egine, luckely it hasn't done any damage, and the guy I brought it from is gonna get it steam cleaned 2moro, so not to bad, just a pain really.

Back