What car is this ...?

I've just been to the wrecker's to look for an engine to be transplanted into my Nissan Micra K12 1.0 and found only one Micra. It was a Micra K12 S and had a beige/ light brown interior with a keyless ignition, like some of he newer Nissan 4x4 models. There was no information with the car other than it had a weight of 1,400kg and had part reference number AX800. Anyone have any ideas what this car is and what the specs of it are (most importantly its engine size)? I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere!!! :mad:

I've just been to the wrecker's to look for an engine to be transplanted into my Nissan Micra K12 1.0 and found only one Micra. It was a Micra K12 S and had a beige/ light brown interior with a keyless ignition, like some of he newer Nissan 4x4 models. There was no information with the car other than it had a weight of 1,400kg and had part reference number AX800. Anyone have any ideas what this car is and what the specs of it are (most importantly its engine size)? I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere!!! :mad:

Scrap hunting on the islands a nightmare mate!

your best bet is looking at engine numbers to get what your looking for

Where you up Rambos or Cartmels?

Cartmels ... he's only got the one, and i don't know of any others on the island unless rambos has one? The engine number was there but it wasn't clear, and Cartmel said he was going to look it up and get back to me on it. He seems to think its only a 1.2 and thats what im starting to believe too, unless by some miracle its the new March S with a HR15DE

If you can see the vin number you can work out the engine size
Presuming, of course, it's the original engine ^_^

Eg: SJNECAK12U1000000

SJN = sunderland, uk (where it's built)
E = 3door (F=5door)
C = 1.4 Petrol (A=1.0, B=1.2, D=1.5 dci)
A = 2 wheel drive
K12 = model
U = destination (europe)
1 = blank
000000 = vehicle serial number

Source....Micra k12 haynes manual, REF●7

Edit: not sure what letter represents the 1.6 petrol though :(

If it has a uk number plate you can usually get the engine info using mycarcheck.com or freecarcheck.org ;)

There's a sticker on the side of the airbox that reads "CR12" followed by a bunch of other numbers, so it must be a 1.2. Plus the wrecker said he thought it might be a 1.2 litre. The only challenges left now are to see if anything is missing from the engine, make sure it all works and then get a decent price for it .... :confused:

There's a sticker on the side of the airbox that reads "CR12" followed by a bunch of other numbers, so it must be a 1.2. Plus the wrecker said he thought it might be a 1.2 litre. The only challenges left now are to see if anything is missing from the engine, make sure it all works and then get a decent price for it .... :confused:

I wouldnt try and haggle with Cartmel too much fella your more than likely to be told where to go lol

Back