Found on Yahoo Auctions Japan -- What is this?

I'm a relatively new K12 owner, and I'm looking around to see if there's some STUFF that I can buy for my new car.

I found an Australian website which somehow incorporates Yahoo Auctions Japan listings into its own site, the navigation of which is less painful than trying to work out what the crap is going on at the actual YAJ site.

I digress. I found the following item and it's pretty cheap, so I'm wondering (a) what it is, and (b) whether it'll "work" if I try to jam it into my dash.

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m66917097

Thanks in advance! :)

Cheers,
-Hugh

P.S. Apologies if there are numerous YAJ threads already. I'm not able to access this thread which is apparently a "how to" by James.

That looks to me like a Japanese satellite navigation upgrade or suchlike, Engrish translation:
This kit is the Nissan navigation Akira Makoto

I'd imagine it would only have Japan and the surrounding area so wouldn't be much use in Australia (or the UK for that matter!)

With regards to the fitting though, the AUS K12 is based on the JDM March and not the UKDM Micra so I'd imagine fitting to be not too different!

The site you're referring to wouldn't happen to be ImportMonster.com.au would it by the way?

The site you're referring to wouldn't happen to be ImportMonster.com.au would it by the way?
It would indeed.

Thanks for the info re the GPS navigation thingy. Next time I ship my car over to Okinawa, I'll make sure to pick one up so I can get around easily. (Y)

I had a JDM Navi like that in my Lexus when I was in the US. It works regardless of country, you just need the right map software to go with it. The one I had was pretty nice and worked by voice as well.

As for Yahoo Auctions, I can get anything you need off there and allow you to pay by CC. The problem with trying to buy things off their on your own, besides language, is most sellers will not not ship over seas and alot of them ship by chakubarai (cash on delivery)

I had a JDM Navi like that in my Lexus when I was in the US. It works regardless of country, you just need the right map software to go with it. The one I had was pretty nice and worked by voice as well.
Thanks for that info. I've never had a GPS nav thingy in a car before -- how hard would it be for me to find and install the right software for Australian roads?

As for Yahoo Auctions, I can get anything you need off there and allow you to pay by CC.
If it wouldn't be too hard (or expensive) for me to find the right software, I'd definitely be interested in going down this path. (Y) What sort of total price would I be looking at for a purchase like this? (They have a few identical listings on there)

Cheers,
-Hugh

As for Yahoo Auctions, I can get anything you need off there and allow you to pay by CC. The problem with trying to buy things off their on your own, besides language, is most sellers will not not ship over seas and alot of them ship by chakubarai (cash on delivery)
Indeed, I've used JapanAuctionCenter a few times and found them to be quite good, not too expensive commission-wise. Imported some crystal JDM headlights for my Primera and a "Primera UK" badge :)

I found trawling through all the Japanese quite fun, and I got a real sense of achievement when they arrived at my door! :)

Back