Wet boot

I seem to be getting a lot of water in the spare wheel well and can’t find where it’s coming in . It seems to be worse in the boot corner right hand side . Any ideas .🦉

Micratec

Buy & Sell Member
Check the right side light assembly, take it off and look for evidence of a perished seal, check the rubber cable conduit between the tailgate and car, even the roof channel on that side

Thank you for your reply . I have removed the right hand light cluster and had a good look around the foam seal ,all seems ok . While I was in the area I had a good look around and saw a rust streak running down into the boot, I followed it to a gap in the welding , so filled it with silicone filler and at the same time put a blob on both the screw holes for the light cluster . It’s throwing it down today so see what happens.🦉

No it’s a gap between the boot lip and the rear quarter panel , under the hatch rubber seal the bottom right hand side .Anyway it’s been raining all day and so far it’s nice and dry. So I may have done something right ,time will tell .I have owned the car from new 2007 and it’s never failed to start or let me down .

Micratec

Buy & Sell Member
No it’s a gap between the boot lip and the rear quarter panel , under the hatch rubber seal the bottom right hand side .Anyway it’s been raining all day and so far it’s nice and dry. So I may have done something right ,time will tell .I have owned the car from new 2007 and it’s never failed to start or let me down .

I see understood, great work!