Rear seat wet!

Hi all

I have a problem with the rear seat of my 94 5 door k11 getting wet. The base is getting wet on the left hand side even when the car is stationary. The boot floor is dry and I am baffled. It does not appear to be the hatch seal due as its the base that is getting wet and the seat back only appearing to be getting wet due to water soaking up from the base. I have had the car for a year and its only just appeared as a problem and I have not beem playing with the back half of the car. I cannot see any way of tracing the leak short of taking the seats out and looking out for drops of water ad then perhaps tracing the leak.

Any information that you might have in this area would be greatly appreciated. The car is now starting to smell, so I must do somthing!

Thank you!

pollyp

Club Member
check to see the rear door seal are leaking.
the rear seat base either swings forward or its clipped in place. if its clipped in, you can grab the bottom corner of seat and yank up to unclip it and check underneath.

I have looked around the door seal when its raining, but do not it is coming in from that area. I have found water in the boot area to the left hand side. Do the rear lights leak? or from the hatch seal somewhere perhaps? PLEASE HELP if you can as the car is getting so wet when it rains.

frank

Club Member
I have looked around the door seal when its raining, but do not it is coming in from that area. I have found water in the boot area to the left hand side. Do the rear lights leak? or from the hatch seal somewhere perhaps? PLEASE HELP if you can as the car is getting so wet when it rains.

the back lights do leak if they,ve been disturbed or replaced, run a hose over the area and look for leaks :)

Has a window been replaced, cos i have had experience in the motor industry of auto glass being improperly sealed in by so called window fitting experts,
where the bead of sealent has not been continuously applied.
One vehicle, :wow::wow: (3 month old Pug 106) had a 3 day stripdown at Peugeot dealer only to find the replacement window was incorrectly sealed into the aperture!!!!, and a large bill for the owner:doh::doh::doh:
the other, a mercedes coach had a lack of sealant around the top of the window causing water running down the inside of the glass!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rear light area is dry(ish) just what appears to be condensation. There does however seem to be water coming in at the bottom of the rear hatch. I have moved the lock hoop in so that is now locking a little more firmly. It does appear that the car has had a bump to the rear and could be distorted. The rear wiper has also been replaced but the rubber grommet appears to be seated correctly.
Making progress, but still not quite there yet, so keep the suggestions coming!

Progress!

I am making progress!

The water in coming in from behind the hatch acces panel. How it gets into the void is I think either through the number plate light mounting holes or the rear wiper pivotas the window seal and wash grommet look fine.

I have greased and reseated the pivot grommet. The light mounting bolts have also been tightened.

Have I missed somthing?

I am making progress!

The water in coming in from behind the hatch acces panel. How it gets into the void is I think either through the number plate light mounting holes or the rear wiper pivotas the window seal and wash grommet look fine.

I have greased and reseated the pivot grommet. The light mounting bolts have also been tightened.

Have I missed somthing?

Have you removed the rear wiper motor, i know some cars are prone to rotting around this area, where the spindle comes through the hatch