Weighed my micra yesterday

Tarmac rallying is a good laugh. Go as fast as you like/dare. Look up epynt. Biggest buzz driving I've ever had. Even catches out the worlds bestvdrivers

in my experience, weighbridges are only accurate to 20kgs. i know a 1.3L si k11 weighs 800Kgs standard. running it with 5L of fuel takes off 37kgs immediately and i weighed everything i took out of the car. working on 684kg! shame i weigh 100kg!

Cheers mate :grinning:. If only I could get my 1.3 Si with my 80KG self and 10 litres of fuel at 900KG or under :(

Mine is a road rally car complying to RR regs too. It only has a half cage, not a full one like yours, it is however a 4 door car! It was wearing a set of 175 50 13 semi slicks on 13" alloys but my spare is a 185 13 gravel tyre on a steel rim. My sumpguard wasn't fitted at the time, nor were my gravel tyres (which I expect to be heavier.) With less than 10 litre of fuel in the tank I weighed in at 820kg.

There is 5kg of steel in the back seat backrest that can go, then the carpet under and behind the seats, my parcel shelf and support platics aren't there, lets hope a scrut doesn't notice ;-) Glovebox isn't there either. There are 2 towing eye type brackets bolted just inboard of the front wheels near the front bumper. I think there may be benefits in removing the fan blower and ducting to replace it with a 12v hairdryer/fanheater duck taped into the screen duct as a demister. Then there's the Varley red top battery and the polycaronate windows route but it all takes money. I like what you done to the doors there etc but at the end of the day one bad call from a navigator will negate it all eh?!

It took a while but there you go, you got what you wanted, a weight comparison to another Road Rally Micra.

one of my hotrods was 540kgs, other one was 470kgs, with running gear and cages.....got the dockets from the scrap yard the other day and nearly choked on my coffee when i saw how light they were..lol

threadrevive.jpg

Road rally cars like ours have to retain their interiors, major trim panels, roof liner, back seat, carpet, door cards etc Autograss cars the most definately aren't.

Skymera, weight is always relevant, forum users ought to be discussing it more than they do. It's one half of the magic ratio 'lest we forget'!

mines a 1.3 Si and weighed at oulton park at 796kg with 40L of fuel onboard. no rear seats, interior, radio, carpets, dash, airbags, momo wheel, almera gti wheels. no plastics no plastic windows, no airbox no back box.

Back