1.3 Micra Road Rally Car

Hi all,

I have just recently bought a ready-built Nissan Micra Road Rally spec 1.3, with some nice bits already done etc to it, ready to prepare for my first Road Rally in September. :)

The car is a 98/99 1.3 SI with a facelift front end in silver.

It has a 6-ooint OMP cage, with added harness bar.
BE Racing fully adjustable Suspension all-round
Magnum Bucket Seats with Luke 6-point Harnesses
Ashley Exhaust System
All Fuel & Brake lines run inside the car
Rally Clock
Interior lights etc
5mm or so Aluminium Sump Guard
DS3000 Pads with Brembo Discs

Aswell as that, I have another Head with Piper Cams and brand new Valves, 1.6 Injectors and a Power Boost Valve which will all probably go on at some point!

I'm hoping to do a couple of Local Autotests over the summer months, allowing me to find any problems or improve the car, and then do the Powys Lanes Road Rally in September. :)

Hi all,

I have just recently bought a ready-built Nissan Micra Road Rally spec 1.3, with some nice bits already done etc to it, ready to prepare for my first Road Rally in September. :)

The car is a 98/99 1.3 SI with a facelift front end in silver.

It has a 6-ooint OMP cage, with added harness bar.
BE Racing fully adjustable Suspension all-round
Magnum Bucket Seats with Luke 6-point Harnesses
Ashley Exhaust System
All Fuel & Brake lines run inside the car
Rally Clock
Interior lights etc
5mm or so Aluminium Sump Guard
DS3000 Pads with Brembo Discs

Aswell as that, I have another Head with Piper Cams and brand new Valves, 1.6 Injectors and a Power Boost Valve which will all probably go on at some point!

I'm hoping to do a couple of Local Autotests over the summer months, allowing me to find any problems or improve the car, and then do the Powys Lanes Road Rally in September. :)

Hi mate

I have just bought a 6 point OMP cage for my rally car and cannot get the feet to fit exactly where I think they should go. Please, Please would you do me a favour and take some pictures of the feet positions so I can see if this is a common problem. I need to be sure I haven't been sold a dud!

OP
OP
MikeJones
Hi Sharman, sorry ive not replied - I've just seen your blog and have seen the welded plates in etc - so i'm not too sure if you will still need my help or not.

The car is currently at a local Rally preperation place who know Micras like the back of their hand. Its having lots of work done:-

New 1.3 engine
New 1.0 Gearbox
Humpreys of Oxford Engine mounts
Exedy Clutch
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Quick-Shift type setup
New cross Member & strengthened/plated (was bent - only found out after they started removing engine)
New mounts for sump guard to bolt to
Spot light bracket re-done to reduce vibration
Rear Beam plated to strengthen the weak spot

Quite costly, but i'm sure it will be worth it.

Next, all the wiring will be re done - then finally, hoping the new engine is good enough, Piper 270 Cams and 1.6 Primera Injectors. I already have them, but don't want to fit them just yet.

Heres a picture of it with a friends Micra. Mines the silver one:

332t6r6.jpg

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. I am still interested how your cage is fitted. I am very interested to make sure my blog and who connects to it will help other newbies to Micra's like me . Any pics you have of areas where prefabrication has been done is of interest, sump guard, tank guard, interior lay out, just to name a few.