Water.....

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
How do you other rally K11 owners, keep water out of the airbox.

We have to run the standard K11 airbox in Enduro rallies and on watter events it keeps on taking in water. This obvouisly isn't good for the TB.

I can change the piping upto the filter, but nothing can be changed from the filter onwards.

I have reduced the inlet pipe length so it has the 'cross' bit to the NS strut tower, and it goes down from there. I thought having a 'hill' for the water to go up would reduce water intake but it hasn't.

Pics of others air intakes would be good, or other idea's - thanks

frank

Club Member
how about through the baulkhead into the void where the wiper mech and heater intake is ? its a positive pressure area at speed eh (ie, you can turn the fan off and still feel the heater blowing)

OP
OP
SuperUno

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
I've tried Frank's idea and its still the same, a snorkel is a no go as it would get caught on bushes etc... down the narrow tracks we use.

Sparcoxs

Buy & Sell Member
The previous owner of my Micra has modified their airbox to stop water getting in....it hasn't got a pipe for a cold air feed or anything but I've never had a problem with water in this car. On the Mel Harris last year we went through several fords and floods where the water was sometimes reaching the bonnet of the car and had no problems at all going through them. Will get a pic for you Monday night if I remember

pollyp

Club Member
feed the intake through the bulkhead into the cabin?
could be noisy but atleast it'll be away from the elements

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Mmm, I like that idea. You'd just need to devise some sort of sealed aperture through the bulkhead you could pass a pipe through :).