Watanabes

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
I was looking for wheels yesterday and my bf found 3 watanabes (frustrating!) which they are willing to let go for $75 each, seems like a bargain to me but we are wondering how hard it is to source just one wheel? Anyone know of any places I could try? Thanks in advance :)

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
depending on the size and how much you want to spend.

any 13,24,15's in less than 6j is easy... cost about 5000yen + shipping and fees could be as little as 13,000yen.

but paying 225 for the three here and 200odd for one/two from japan is still a good score in my books, a full set of them for 500 is win!

take pics and find specs and i can track ya down one if you like and efer you to my import guy in japan.

thanks.
john,

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Hah, I thought they sold on eBay. Why does everything unsold seem to end up at your place? :p

Took me a while to find my set of BR Watanabe replicas and after stripping them with paint stripper and a fresh powdercoat of matte black and some new rubber they looked good as new ;) They were bright red when I got them mind you.

I'm still not happy with the width/offset but they're track wheels and they're light as hell too. For the price I paid I'd probably only get one of the offset/width that I want from Japan it seemed.

---dens

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Hah, I thought they sold on eBay. Why does everything unsold seem to end up at your place? :p<BR><BR>Took me a while to find my set of BR Watanabe replicas and after stripping them with paint stripper and a fresh powdercoat of matte black and some new rubber they looked good as new ;) They were bright red when I got them mind you.<BR><BR>I'm still not happy with the width/offset but they're track wheels and they're light as hell too. For the price I paid I'd probably only get one of the offset/width that I want from Japan it seemed.<BR><BR>---dens

I had a couple of sets of those BR replicas, in bright red and black aswell, they are a great rim , should have kept a set for the micra..

Back