warning about hotmail.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Just be carefull with any mail your getting from hotmail accounts from people you would know.
I just got an email from a friends hotmail address which I could see was not legit so deleted it.
At first I thought it was just his computer that was maybe infected but today got another hotmail email from another person I know and it was infected, fortunately my virus checker caught it.
So maybe the hotmail database has been corrupted.

Mychael

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
I reacon it's some shifty pricks on eBay... My account received shify emails from people I'm in contact frequently all the time....they send you a link and if you click on it you cop it..last time I messages a CMF member on some parts and some eBay seller emailed me specials on the same things I was after and he used my missus email address... WTF!!!!

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"he used my missus email address... WTF!!!!

It is incredibly easy to spoof (fake the origin of) email addresses. You don't need access to the account itself to do it either.

As for the emails you've been receiving, Mipcar, a single person that you know could have been infected and it's not uncommon at all for viruses to propagate via people's address books. It's very unlikely there's an issue with Hotmail's database.

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
That would have been my first thought as well Dens excpet for the fact the the two people I got them from have not even the slightest connection with one another.. even given the 3 degree of seperation rule.
Hotmail is usually good but I know they get a lot of attacks on the site as well.

But like I said just a warning for everyone.

Back