Wanted Disc rear axle

Greetings! I need a disc rear axle for my k11 superS! (with disc and caliper)
I prefer to pay with paypal, and dont worry about the shipment to italy, ill pay anything! It isnt too expensive.

Cheers!

rear disc axle are very rare to find
also note that old used disc axles will prob require the extra cost of new discs and rebuilding seized calipers.

rear disc axle are very rare to find
also note that old used disc axles will prob require the extra cost of new discs and rebuilding seized calipers.
Yes i know, but i really cant see the drums :\

And you know the joke ? In my little town there are 2 k11 sri with rear disc, both owned by grannies lol

I thought I got a quote back from Humphries for all the kit to covert drum to disk. Will try and get the email if I Dan find it.

if you are looking for it as a performance upgrade, don't bother. If you have money to burn and skinny spoke alloys to show discs off behind, just make sure I see some pics to drool over ;)

if you are looking for it as a performance upgrade, don't bother. If you have money to burn and skinny spoke alloys to show discs off behind, just make sure I see some pics to drool over ;)
Well ERM do we have evidence of this yet? I think stock micra rears will see less performance than a primers rear conversion

So shut up andy I wanna see hard facts
I'm going by the fact that rear disc conversions exist for spitfires, but all spit race cars (both apendix K or otherwise) stick to drum rears.
I'm not saying it's not going to increase braking, but as rears only provide 1/4 of all brake force, it's a case of diminishing returns. Again, it's about saving people from the dissapointment of excessive expectations. If you go in with realistic expectations and it turns out to be awesome you'll be happy. Expect more than they're worth you'll be disapointed. Buy them because they look good yes, but accept that there is no proof they are better and thay there is a strong belief that they are not a value for money performance upgrade.

Greetings! I need a disc rear axle for my k11 superS! (with disc and caliper)
I prefer to pay with paypal, and dont worry about the shipment to italy, ill pay anything! It isnt too expensive.

Cheers!

I have a fully refurbished offside caliper id sell mate, not much but its a start!

It's often better to buy an axle which has old crusty calipers and discs on it, as then you have donor items to use with someone like Brakeparts International. You can source brand new refurb calipers from them for around £65 a side and pattern discs are pretty cheap to come by also.

It's a lot simpler than trying to rebuild them yourself, undoubtedly fail and pay twice to then get it right. One maybe lucky of course, but the calipers are almost always past the point of a re-build.

It's often better to buy an axle which has old crusty calipers and discs on it, as then you have donor items to use with someone like Brakeparts International. You can source brand new refurb calipers from them for around £65 a side and pattern discs are pretty cheap to come by also.

It's a lot simpler than trying to rebuild them yourself, undoubtedly fail and pay twice to then get it right. One maybe lucky of course, but the calipers are almost always past the point of a re-build.

Don't wish mine to doom yet. I will of course eat my words when it pisses brake fluid lol

Hi guys!
Thanks for the suggestions! You are right, finding the rear axle or convert to k11 caliper is a bit tricky and expensive :p i think i will try to adapt something of another car like the fiat uno turbo rear caliper.
Any suggestion for making the rear drum... a bit usefull ? Like a set of good "pads" ? The feeling is that i brake only with the front :\

Hi guys!
Thanks for the suggestions! You are right, finding the rear axle or convert to k11 caliper is a bit tricky and expensive :p i think i will try to adapt something of another car like the fiat uno turbo rear caliper.
Any suggestion for making the rear drum... a bit usefull ? Like a set of good "pads" ? The feeling is that i brake only with the front :\
New rear bias valve, new pads, new cylinders, a light dab of copperslip on all mating surfaces and pins. Maybe a skim of the drum if you have a fair bit of scoring/its not very flat.
That should see them doing fine work. Braided hoses if you're feeling flush.

Back