Wanted: CG13 (1.3) k11 engine

Hey dude. How much do you want for the engine? My postcode is PE1 3RT. How fars that from you?

At the moment i have the current engine apart so i might (doubt it though) get it working.

Cherrs

round bout £150. ur bout 179miles or 3.5hrs away. i could drive it down there on the weekend for £20 or if you could wait till june 7th i'll be heading down towards london for someones birthday and drop by with the engine

Hey dude. That seems like a good offer, unfortunatly i want the car runing asap. Im trying to repair myself at the mooment, so i might not even need the engine.

Thanks for the offer though, ill get back to you.

just read ur other post bout the damaged valves & piston.
if you have a valvespring compression tool i have a spare head, which had a cracked casting near the valve guide, and could use the valves of that. or i could remove the valves and post em out to ya which is cheaper and easier.

I dont have a compression tool although my dad got the valve out. Thats a really genurous offer pollyp, that would be great (Y)

edit:
i just had a change of plans bout me trip towards london for me m8's birthday.
may end up rearranging it from 7th june to this saturday (just awaiting confirmation) so if you like, i could drop by this saturday with either the engine or the spare head or just the valves?

yep me m8s birthday confirmed. i'll be heading to london this saturday.

what would you like, engine, head or valves?

Ill have to let you know about wether i need the vavles or not mate. Im still waiting for some stuff from ebay to do the grinding of that vavle (doesnt seem bent). Im hopeing that would be here by tomarrow so i can let you know asap. Id rather just have the head with the vavles attached (makes it easier) but ill like you know asap

Thanks dude (Y)

SuluR

righteo.
adamsricky's also lookin for a 1.3 so if ya find ya don't need it i could drop by his as i'll be round the south end

Okay so today i find out the piston rings messed up. And i cant seem to find anyone who sells it (tbh ive given up with this engine). So im still after an engine. Pollyp if you still selling ill take it if its a full working one.

Cheers

pollyp please sell to suluR i have found one at a good price at the local scappy and am picking up tommrrow morning thank you though.

Okay so today i find out the piston rings messed up. And i cant seem to find anyone who sells it (tbh ive given up with this engine). So im still after an engine. Pollyp if you still selling ill take it if its a full working one.

Cheers

very well. so are you ok with £150 for the engine & £20 for fuel and i drop it off on saturday morning? could ya pm ur addr to me.
see ya saturday morning ;)

the engine's assembled as seen in the link. just need to swap the oil pickup/pan/top cover/flywheel/mounts from ur old engine

when i replaced the rings on this engine i had to order the rings from dealers (costed £100 a set) plus a cylinder honing tool with various stones(£30-40) plus other bits n seals and in the end it would've been easier, faster and more reliable to simply replace the entire engine

Would you do it for 140 delivered? im abit short on money due to buying uneeded gasket sets and other verious items :mad:.

Is this a good working engine? direct fit onto my gearbox? i dnt know what a oil pickup and pan are lol! im still a noob.

cheers

ok £140 delivered

engine works fine and should fit the same. yours is a 97 sr? this was from a 98 slx prefacelift dizzy ignition so should match.

the black oil pan is at the bottom of the engine which holds the oil. they're bolted and silicon sealed to the aluminium engine block. you remove all bolts then split the pan from from the block (i carefully wedge some stanley blades and a wallpaper scraper along the joint to split it).

649o..jpg

once removed you'll see this kitchen siv-like oil pickup hanging down from the crank cage. swap this pickup and the pan over to the new engine.
when reattaching the pan you'll need some black gasket sealant or polyurethane sealant. remove and clean off as much old sealant where the pan meets the engine block (i use a craft blade then a scotch pad with degreaser) making sure the surface is degreased and dry. put a bead of sealant along the edge of the pan and bolt it up. it needs a day to fully cure before puring oil into it and starting the engine.

you'll also need to swap over the coolant return pipe and so a new £2.50 o-ring from dealers

744..jpg

do you have a large socket and breaker bar cos you'll also need to swap over the crank pulley.

719..jpg

what tools you have at the mo?
i think i'll bring some small tools just incase and give ya afew tips.
i may not have alota time to chat on saturday morning cos i'll be rushing for me m8s party but if so, i could return back on sunday night to resume discussion since mondays a bank holiday and don't have work till tues.

Tbh I dont have much tools. I dont have a socket for the pully thats for sure. Is there any chance you could change/put all the things needed before bringing it?

Your assistance will be greatful. Any time and however long you can stay for would be much greatful. Another point, I dont actualy have a crane or anything to lift/drop the engines :(

i MAY be able to locate one though if that is a must.

i'll bring some tools over to help swap the major stuff. this is simply a bare engine therefore need to swap the bits over from ur old engine.

thinking bout the swapping procedure, would you be able to get ready some:
wd40 & rags (loosen and clean bolts),
a thin blade like a wallpaper scraper (to remove oil pan),
green scotch pad (to remove all sealant and clean oil pan surfaces)
and finally some black gasket sealant or PU sealant from halfords or local Autoparts Partco motorfactors.

i wont't have time to do it on saturday but will try get back to urs on sunday afternoon/evening to help out.

how did ya remove the engine? or is it still onboard with the head removed?

i recommend a crane & rope cos makes the job so much easier, faster and safer

whats ur name n mobile btw?

Ill try my best to get as much stuff ready. I dont have a crane no, the engine is still in there with only the left and right mouth attached, gearbox, linkages and driveshafts. Everything else is removed.

Is there no way of doing it without a crane? Like I said Im abit low on money so i cant hire one. A mate of mine has one but he says hes using it this weekend.

Its possbile we can get the engine just prepared for when i do get the crane and just lower it in.

Ive PMed you name address and number bud (Y)

Cheers

i assume the car is jacked up on axle stands.
before sunday if you could drain the gearbox & engine oil into a containers, disconnect the driveshaft from gearbox, disconnect gear linkages, remove manifold, alternator, engine loom

without a crane it's tricky cos balancing the heavy assembly on a tiny jack is unstable but it's possible to lower the engine & box to the floor if we take our time.

then split the box from engine, swap over bits, mate engine back onto box ready to reinstall

when the crane is ready, you could then just drop it in, hook it all up, top up fluids and go.

The cars on a couple of micra jacks. I tried to remove the driveshafts and i just cant :S nor remove the drain plug for the gearbox oil. otherthen that and the gear linkage theres nothing to stop it being removed., engine is completly bare not even the head.

Ill try get the drive shafts off tomarrwo.

How to i drain the transmission oil? the plug has this weird square slot :S

to remove the shaft from box try unbolting the hub from the suspension struts to give the shaft more movement then lever the shaft out the box with a big flat screwdriver between a ridge at the end of the driveshaft and the edge of the box, if ur unsure i'll advise ya once there.

the gearbox oil drain is at the bottom and i use a 1/2in breaker bar/ratchet to loosen. if it looks kinda clear it can be reused. if its very dark then i'd renew.

not received any pm yet

no need to remove the gearbox, just unbolt it from the engine and support it, the engine will come in out alot easier on its own.

Pollyp, I don't have a hydrolic jack or anything to lower the engine unfortunatly.

Superls, that would make life alot easier, so just unbolt the gearbox and lift the block out?

sulur - ok i guess i'll have to bring all my tools along and so may have to go up to £150 delivered cos of the extra tools, labour, weight and time involved, if ur ok with it?

super - wouldn't the gearbox have to be separated from the block in a straight manouvre to let the input shaft just slide out and not damage the clutch plate. to allow the box to move across away from the block do we need to unbolt the gearbox mounts to give room. support both the engine and gearbox then pull apart.
now we'll prob only have 1 jack to support the engine so the box would have to be man handled whilst unbolting the mount and trying to separate it. these 2 assemblies are not exactly feather light and don't fancy the chance of having a weighty gearbox land on me face

i prefer to take it all out then split the box in open space

That's fine pollyp. I apologies for my lack of tools. This is my first time doing engine wrk. Does that mean you'll be bringing a crane too?

I've done my best to make I as easy as possible for us. I am yet to drain the box and remove shafts and linkage.

Cheers

i do it, and frank does too, (i copied it off him)

what i do is, i go under the car and remove the rear engine mount, all the rest can be done with the wheels on the ground

support under the engine and 'box, i use chacks of wood, part take the repmaining 3 mounts off, seperate the engine and 'box (about 5 bolts) pull the gearbox off the engine, might need prying off and a bit of a riddle, theres enought adjustment in the shafts and linkage to shuffle it out of the way, then the block will come out indapendant of the 'box.

i think theres pics in franks blog.

ive also adopted this method of changing a flywheel and clutch, leaving the engine and 'box in the car.

hope this helps.

you wont need a crane this way, i can lift one out on my own (i stand on the strut tops and lift it out with some rope or similar), its a bit of a struggle and im a big lad, but 2 people will easily be ably to just lift it.

its far easier eh scott :grinning: (no hubs off/gearoil hassle) and easier still with the bumper off
attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0387.JPG
    PICT0387.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 5,045
This way does sound promising, but also difficult.

Pollyp, how about I remove the sump and siv thing and the gearbox from the engine. That way the block will just need lifting. Your call mate

That's fine pollyp. I apologies for my lack of tools. This is my first time doing engine wrk. Does that mean you'll be bringing a crane too?

I've done my best to make I as easy as possible for us. I am yet to drain the box and remove shafts and linkage.

Cheers

noo i can't carry a crane AND an engine in my micra lol
just my halfords jack and axle stands

scott/frank cheers for the tip, we'll give that a go when i'm there.

sulur leave the sump on cos it'll be supportin the engine on the jack

this bare engine alone weighs 53kg. adding the flywheel/pan/inlet manifold heads into 60kg

Okay, ive arranged for a crane. Im going to pick it up today and i have it till sunday the latest.

Only thing is the crane doesnt have anything to tie to the engine. He said he uses seatbelts :S.

Okay, ive arranged for a crane. Im going to pick it up today and i have it till sunday the latest.

Only thing is the crane doesnt have anything to tie to the engine. He said he uses seatbelts :S.

smashin. you could support the block on crane, split the box and lift the block out before sunday where i'll help ya swap the bits then lower the engine back in

you have any tow rope with loop ends? or anything strong really

Ok good knows. I have the block out. removed the flywheel, filter, clutch and sump. Everything off it but the pulley which i dnt have a big enough socket for. I used seatbelts on the crane to lift the block out leaving the gearbox in place.

Only thing left is removing the pulley, then sticking the rest back.
(Y)

IMG_0118.jpg

Ok good knows. I have the block out. removed the flywheel, filter, clutch and sump. Everything off it but the pulley which i dnt have a big enough socket for. I used seatbelts on the crane to lift the block out leaving the gearbox in place.

Only thing left is removing the pulley, then sticking the rest back.
(Y)

IMG_0118.jpg

Back