Wanted: 1.3 k11 engine

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Since we had no luck with pollyp's engine, even after 2 rebuilds, I'm still after a 1.3 engine. Preferably taken off a car that (mechanicaly) was sound and the engine is untouched, or atleast the engine is tried and tested working.

Im absolutly gutted it didnt work, after hours and hours of hard work :(

Cheers guys

It just kept sucking in coolant into the pistons :S went through 3 gaskets, 2 heads with the same problem.

Rather just have a low milage solid engine, prefably with a gearbox with it too make things abit easier.

I dont want to mod it or anything at the moment, i just want the car going as stock

your best bet is a rebuild. nobody can guarantee a working engine. even if you got both surfaces skimmed and tried that?? and use a genuine nissan HG

obviously me & sulur couldn't possibly get the block & head skimmed and get a nissan gasket in time after finding the fault on saturday night due to bank holidays but thinkin about stani's comment, maybe both heads that we tried were warped? that may explain the coolant in cyl 2+3 and dry cyl 1+4, the pitted surface doesn't help too.

I dontthink I'm experianced enough to rebuild myself. If someone was to break a 1.3 micra which had a working engine inwould be interested.

It's such a shame that we cudnt get it working.

yeah i know you couldnt do it there and then but its just a thought, if sulur isnt sure about where to get an engine and who to trust then fix the engine he has. do you have pictures of the head and block surfaces??? it does seem wierd that 2 heads failed, possible stretched headbolts??

sounded abit like yoda for a min there :p

the head looked similar to this
138o..jpg

the one off sulurs looked not as serious but had the odd deep pit too.

aye real odd to have em both fail. bolts were tightened exactly to spec. they've been prev reused 3 times with no gasket probs

Both of them did have abit of pitting. Although my one had been fiddled with, with the new vavles an all (i posted about them before). And i did do a noob fix to them but the piston rings on the block wer naffed, so i didnt really bother checking to see if the head was ok.

We replaced the vavles from pollyp's head into my one (replaceing the dodgey ones) and we still had low compression (or atleast more water iirc) in cylinder 2.

Back