Visit to talk about Rear Bumper

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Took the car to SCP today modification place near me, very highly recomended, anyway I ask about getting the bumps taken out the rear bumper and splitter merged in, then he says "It wont last, i wont be able to join the two plastics", "Although I will spray the splitter for £30"...

What should I do, Getting the splitter done is all good, but what about the bumps, still there :s, what can I do to change the bumper?

Thanks, Darren.

Little Photoshop as an idea of what im looking to do.​

Attachments

• Splitter.jpg
    Splitter.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 227
if u fiberglass the splitter to the rear bumper and hit a kerb with it or a speed bump then it will crack and be worse than just spraying the splitter on its own.

to get a proper job done it will need to be plastic welded!

that is what nex's had done to his front bumper that was why it was so much!

Smoothed in will look 100x better.

Doing yourself, not recommended without plenty of time and material, I'm STILL working on an already half done one.

Firbreglass will work if it doesn't take any knock as it'd just crack plenty, plastic welding will keep to flexible but may take more work, plastic welding is more a pro job too.

Would look much better though, anyone can bolt a splitter on but having blended will look more pro.

Heres my bumper filled and smoothened. Ive got the boot done since. And i hope to get a splitter on and smoothened into it as well. I can upload pics of the rear bumper being done cause i took loads of pictures of it being done aswell as the front bumper too......

micra3.jpg

my car has gone in the bodyshop this week for the exact same thing and he said no problem to doing it he has done all my mates bumpers the same way and they are all fine, until u hit sumthing!

for doing my frnt and back bumpers, finishing my boot and doing me a custom frnt grill plus newe number plates is only 3oo quid!

i will ost a pic up of myne wen i get it bck tomoz or froiday!

my car has gone in the bodyshop this week for the exact same thing and he said no problem to doing it he has done all my mates bumpers the same way and they are all fine, until u hit sumthing!

for doing my frnt and back bumpers, finishing my boot and doing me a custom frnt grill plus newe number plates is only 3oo quid!

i will ost a pic up of myne wen i get it bck tomoz or froiday!

Yeah mate, do, I bet your well excited!

Back