12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

hughes_16v - the first one is mulhollands inlet, it uses a toyota inlet manifold with sr20 throttle, so it just replaces the whole inlet, you then either use an adapter to fit a sr20 maf, or run without.

admin, can i request these threads aren't filled with rubbish please (hughes that is not a dig at your question)

micra_pete said:
hughes_16v - the first one is mulhollands inlet, it uses a toyota inlet manifold with sr20 throttle, so it just replaces the whole inlet, you then either use an adapter to fit a sr20 maf, or run without.

so its welded onto a toyota inlet? how would you go about ecu? would you need a sr20 ecu?

pete, or anyone else for that matter, what would be your opinion on modifying your inlet yourself. you can buy kits from demon tweaks but im not sure how much damage i could do. tbh i dont need to powerwise but id like to do it really if for no other reason than experiance. how would you guys go about it or would you not.

i know you have to free up the flow and increase the bore slightly but are there things that i could do that would mess up the air flow?

oppinions on inlet modifications DIY style

its hard to make your own inlets for 1 reason the material you need a tig welder to weld the material our inlets are made from there mega bucks!! if you wanted you would be best making a stainless steel one by taking an inlet gasget to a machien shop have them make a new flange then make your own inlet using pipes and sheet steel.. then you need to choose the TB and how your going to map the thing..

Smooth inlets are not as much of a problem with port injection, as you don't have to worry about fuel precipitation and vaporisation to the same degree as you do with carbs. My concern would not be the design data.

just to be a bit clearer i wasnt planning on re-making an inlet so not changine the design externally. i was wondering what can be done to a standard one internally to increase flow and what are the do's and dont's regarding this. :)

you could have it extrune honed to maximize the airflow getting int here by had would be nigh on impossible!!! other than that theres not to much you can do to standard..

Pete i'll make sure these dont end up off topic and full of nonsense. Ill let them settle for a bit then clear them up shortly.

Back