Vacuum Advance module

Hi again,

Just as an aside does anyone have any probs with their vac advance modules? mine started making a clacking noise when a breakdown guy tried to repair the car, the breakdown was for a different prob and i got a secondhand one fitted which has now started making the same noise.

The car is ok apart from the noise but i want to get sorted, is this something that happens often or was i just unlucky?

what part is this?? ie whats it next to lol so i can find it.. i dont remember it clicking on my old 1L and that had almost 100k on the clock. maybe you got a duff one?

Its the circular thing attached to the dizzy. It advances the ignition according to vacuum from the engine intake. The rod that moves the dizzy plate is hitting something. IT doesn't seem to affect the car. We just turn the music up until we can't hear and hope it goes away. have a another second hand dizzy to put on when i get round to it tho.

these wearing is really common. It wouldnt surprise me if half the k10s here were already so worn and some broken totally that the owners didnt even notice!

they should just click once when rev'd up, if its clicking either its loosing vacuum hold inside or youve got a vacuum pipe to it cracking and leaking slighly

Back