Ported Vacuum?

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Ok, so I not relating to Forced Induction at the moment, however, I have connected my MAP sensor to the vacuum port on the throttle body.

Now, what is strange is that the sensor reads atmospheric and not a vacuum as I expected, and when I free-rev the car lightly, the vacuum increases, usually this vacuum should decrease with a wider throttle.

Now, I believe there is a system of putting the port slightly above the level of the butterfly valve, so that it won't read the vacuum while the throttle is closed, but as it opens the port becomes effectively below the butterfly valve giving a reading.

Now, if this is correct, am I right in assuming that I should see the vacuum increase as I drive with light throttle, and then decrease as the throttle becomes wider as it should?

Ok, I've just done a quick road test, and under small throttle the vacuum increases, however at wide open throttle the vacuum decreases and goes back to atmospheric pressure.

Can anybody confirm that this is correct behaviour for a K11, or should I be checking for a vacuum leak?

I think I have sorted it, by Teeing off the manifold vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator. Hopefully there's no adverse effects to this.

Back