Vacume pipe for brake servo

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi all,

does anyone know what kind of pressure the brake servo uses? i want to know what kind of piping i can use, if i have to get some high pressure stuff or if just low pressure stuff is fine thanks

nex

i think it just needs to be semi-rigid (to stop it collapsing under vacuum)

ah ok thanks, so its a fairly low pressure vacume then, like the return pipes on a PAS system rather than the high pressure pipes

you don't happen to know the diameter of the pipe do you? thanks

Is that the pipe from the rear of the throttlebody? I'll have a look when I'm at home as I'm upgrading/replacing all my water/vac hoses in the near futurre.

Is that the pipe from the rear of the throttlebody? I'll have a look when I'm at home as I'm upgrading/replacing all my water/vac hoses in the near futurre.

ooh thanks mate,

i think it is, it goes to the master brake cylinder, so should be easy to spot.

Right, if it is the small one which comes out from the rear of the throttlebody it is 5mm

If I have the incorrect port, then let e know and I'll find the size of the right one ;)

Craig

Right, if it is the small one which comes out from the rear of the throttlebody it is 5mm

If I have the incorrect port, then let e know and I'll find the size of the right one ;)

Craig

ooh thanks mate, i thought it was bigger than that but i must be mixed up, i will double check on my car tomorrow but i think you are right

Craig

no thats not the one he's after. I know which one you're on about though.

The brake servo pipe is bigger than that. got to be around the 10-15mm OD mark.

Back