K11 - Brake servo relocation

did,nt low rider say his has a master cylinder only paul (and no servo)
and a lot of the old 70,s cars had a remote servo that you could mount wherever :)

Hi Frank,

a remote on emight be an idea but wouldnt i need 2 1 to run front and 1 to run the rear? I currently run with no brake servo but the extra power and speed is lost under braking as you have to brake so much earlier and a lot harder. The car with a servo is a lot nicer to drive lol :grinning:

Hi Frank,

a remote on emight be an idea but wouldnt i need 2 1 to run front and 1 to run the rear? I currently run with no brake servo but the extra power and speed is lost under braking as you have to brake so much earlier and a lot harder. The car with a servo is a lot nicer to drive lol :grinning:

I do run on a master cylinder only but I also use the standard K11 master cylinder but have no problems with braking loads or stopping distances. Pedal loads are more but I found the car quite horrid with the OEM servo, (way too sensitive for my liking on a track). I find the current setup very progressive, predictable and very nice for heel and toe'ing. From research, (Harry Hockley Motorsport), the individual master cylinders commonly used on the rally cars are of similar piston size, so if you wanted less pedal load you'd have to fit an undersized piston and live with the larger pedal travel. Horses for courses I guess....

Hi

I could understand the sensitivity on the track you need to feel the pedal, like having power steering its better to not have that to feel the road (IMO) however mine is a road car and i love/miss the sensitive brakes lol. not to sure where to get a remote servo or small servo from

Back