Using parts for a bigger engine to get power: good, bad or not worth it?

This is just theoretical as much as it is a practical question, but if one were to use parts for a bigger engine such as spark plugs, fuel injectors, fuel pumps, etc ... would the ecu just use those parts in the same way as it would parts for the correct engine size and make no difference in how the car ran, or would it run them the same way as if they were for the correct engine size because of their application for a bigger engine give the car more power?

I'm well aware that this may be a big no-no as it could just wreck the car and the ecu, but would there be much difference, if any, if one were to do this?

Depends on what you're looking at using, half the crap people use from bigger engines is a waste of time as you'll never see any gains unless you get a remap which in itself can cost upwards of £500.

Just spark plugs really: i was getting some denso iridium ones to replace the old plugs and all the prices were the same regardless of engine size, so i was just wondering ... also, the car uses coil packs so the only way to modify them would be to buy bigger coil packs I suppose, but again it was all just in theory because one coil pack for a K12 is £80-£90

Afaik coil packs aren't interchangeable and spark plugs are spark plugs, no difference if the car is 600cc or 5000cc (only thing that may change is heat rating)

Back