Using Almera MAF

So I've been advised by Tornado Systems to use the Almera MAF rather than the Micra one.

I have removed the MAF bridge from the MAF housing and this is what it looks like, the top one is the Almera one, the bottom is a standard coilpack Micra one.

The Almera one doesn't have a wire, I am confused, as I thought the wire was a key part of the MAF.

To my understanding, the air flow keeps the wire cool. The ECU senses the temperature of the wire and from this, it knows the air flow. But since the Almera MAF doesn't have a wire, how does it work?

IMG-1299.JPG

Last edited:
Remember right use the Almera housing, and have it so it's away from the throttle body like most engines are and blank the existing MAF,
That was on a 1.4 with a similar setup and went well

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I'll was only planning to put the Almera MAF + housing in at a point along the intake pipe when the bike bodies go in.
I didn't there would be much gain to put the Almera MAF on while still on the stock single TB setup?

EDIT - I am starting to think that the wire I am talking about is just the temperature sensor? which tornado systems mentioned the almera maf doesn't have. am i right?

Just wondering, how do I transfer the ambient air temp sensor over? i.e whats the best way to pick the wire out of the micra MAF and transfer it over to the almera MAF.

I dont want to touch it in case I contaminate it.

Tweezers?

Have you discussed with Mark? He's aware that it's not part of the Almera MAF, so I'd imagine his catered for that in the chip upgrade...

Have you discussed with Mark? He's aware that it's not part of the Almera MAF, so I'd imagine his catered for that in the chip upgrade...

Appreciate the reply.

I did and he said I just have to swap the air temperature sensor over from the old Micra MAF bridge to the new Almera one. I didn’t think to ask him how exactly to swap it!

The ECU hasn’t been programmed to run without the temp sensor.

Appreciate the reply.

I did and he said I just have to swap the air temperature sensor over from the old Micra MAF bridge to the new Almera one. I didn’t think to ask him how exactly to swap it!

The ECU hasn’t been programmed to run without the temp sensor.

Back