Useless springs

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Had the wietec lowering in for the last 2-3weeks and they are nothing but a joke the cars bouncing all aver the place so bit the bullet, at the same sacrificing looks and put the nismo springs back in.Much better handling and ride 100%.

the springs are just too soft for the nismo dampers even on the dampers softest setting!

I'm sure they work ok on K10 standard shocks but I jus got sick of them.Anyone want them??

The springs do nothing for stability - its the dampers that do the work by transferring kinetic energy into heat and disappating it. The springs only do the ride height mate.

CAn you explain why on the a motorway the car goes over a series of bumps and the car is thrown up and down like a bouncing castle with the weitecs and perfect the last 3 days with the original nismo's.Here's the science says you. . .
I'm the one driving the car this last while,I have modified suspenion on a lot of cars some worked,some did'nt. . . don't talk to me like I hav'nt a clue mate. . .

The spring has to be a match with the dampers otherwise you may as well p*** into the wind

Off topic but got a full s/s exhaust fitted on saturday,sounds crazy will post pics soon

ill have them off of you, i need some springs so i can make some up at a harder spring rate, how much do you want to sell them for?

How low is it to the ground with the wietecs? It might just be an aerodynamics issue!

60 sterling plus the shiping I supose only new like

JamieGti said:
How low is it to the ground with the wietecs? It might just be an aerodynamics issue!

-35mm all round,the cars grand now it was the springs.Fair enough areodynamics are not great on the car but was'nt that,you would just know by driving it. . . . .

1. Are your weitec's "F-Series" or "Ultra GT"?

My K10 is mid-modded from a suspension point of view: (the rears are on with sachs stock equivelent dampers and F-Series Weitec springs) ...done today.

I've tried 20mph speed bumps, lumpy 30mph roads, and a 60 road with a few sunken patches(that normally oscilate the car 2-3 times) and the improvement in my opinnion is ver satisfying.....I havent got the fronts on yet though...but im hoping that the responses will be better still and not worse.

2. What speeds on the motorway were giving you the bouncy treatment?

I guess its not a case of "usless springs" more the case of your springs used in combination with the rest of your setup

Between 120kph and 150kph Yeah I reckon the springs were to soft for the shocks that are in the car.I think there f-series cuz the ultra gt is shocks and spring kit.I heard bad things about them aswell from martycturbo he had the ultra gt kit in his starlet turbo 3 or so hours and took them out because there simply to soft for the irish roads.softer than the factory setup and as far as I'm concered thats no way to have a car with lowered suspension.

if you want rock solid suspension, get monroe reflex shocks all round and then keep an eye out on the figaro forums and ebay for lowering springs, there are 2 companies that have made custom springs for the figaro's and figaro and micra suspension is the same.

i have this setup in mine and it handles a dream and has made the car feel tight.

warning tho you will feel every bump in the road with the setup i have said

Back