uprated brakes best move?

tajones

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Right basically i need better brakes. My car is a 99 1.0 micra now with bigger engine fitted. It's fitted with 15" wheels so i've got room for bigger brakes. I've tried primera GT discs but the stud pattern is different so i would have to redrill them. Then make brackets for the calipers. Abit of work i know, so i was wondering if there is another nissan with the same stud pattern as a micra but bigger brakes that should go on? Any help would be really appreciated.
How do i put pics on here? I've took a few of the car and would like to show it on here.
http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/files/30-Photo-0174.jpg.
http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/files/26-1New wheels.jpg

do the almera gti brakes fit?

failing that do with gtiR brakes off a pulsar/sunny like james said, fit straight on all you need is a washer lol.

imho i dont think you need bigger brakes

i used black diamond discs,drilled and grooved,,with ebc greenstuff pads and the difference is ALOT!

i ran these with the 1.6 conversion too with no problems

RIK said:
imho i dont think you need bigger brakes

i used black diamond discs,drilled and grooved,,with ebc greenstuff pads and the difference is ALOT!

i ran these with the 1.6 conversion too with no problems

I'm now running these to and its much better.

i noticed they need to get warm to work at ther best but they dont fade and thers next to none break dust

Dr Zoidberg said:
do the almera gti brakes fit?

failing that do with gtiR brakes off a pulsar/sunny like james said, fit straight on all you need is a washer lol.

Almera Gti brakes are exactly the same brakes as on the Pulsar GTi-R, if you have a 2l I would go for that, otherwise 1.6 brakes have less fade and more bite than standard Micra brakes, which I hated. Anything with a 4*100 stud pattern will fit without too much hassle, someone has put Sierra ones on the back of his

Yes Dr.Zoidberg's got it right. I have put a GT engine in, so i need something big to do the job.
I take it the Almera has the same stud pattern then?
Maybe i'll go for some uprated discs and pads with Almera calipers then.

Back