Upgrading brake discs

P

Panjabi

Which ones to go for?
How much?
Where to buy?

Some said DBA, someone said BlackDiamond... I don't want motorsport performance but just decent sports performance.

Info. on sizes etc. Straight swap? I think drilled and grooved would be best.

Cheers guys

you can get several different types.

I'd recommend the black diamond discs as there a direct replacement and you don't need to play around with the calipers.

scottish-sr said:
I had Black Diamond Grooved disks and they werent that much better. Almera brakes are the way to go.

I agree.

I have DBA slotted rotors on the front of my micra and the braking isnt that different to a standard rear disc setup micra.

HOWEVER I do feel that the brake pads you use can make a huge difference and coupled with the slotted rotors you can actually get the standard brakes working quite well. I can imagine most of the pads people buy will be purchased because they're cheap and often these pads dont have very high temperature resistances. Despite how dusty they are I like Lucas brake pads. Very high operating temperature and very good bite when cold, also very good bite when hot. I can't make my brakes fail from heat on the street.... If anyone can they're probably driving like a knob.

In saying that as soon as my pads are worn out I'll be upgrading to the larger N15 brakes.

skeletor

i just replaced my pads/discs with the omp race/sport pads and discs, they were a direct replacement onto the factory calipers and hub

they bite down really hard now, havnt encountered any "fading" or anything.

only cost me about £100 of good old ebay

i find the brakes rather good on the micras compared to the likes of corsa's and clio's etc altho i would like an ungrade for when im staging the country roads lol its all good

Back