Upgrade time

My current system is the standard in the facelift micra.

I am currently pricing up to get a bit of umph that looks nice too :)

Budget is £350 - £400 max.

Hope thats some help :)

Haha do you? Well I did post this one but removed it because I thought it was ugly:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4524.html

personally I like the convenience of changing the CD easily so I would only consider that one if I had a CD Shuttle...

Other suggestions:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/5336.html

bumping the price up though.. so may be the Pioneer if its 'looks' you want... and the rest of my search is telling me that the really good looks come for 190+

wonder what Rep. has to suggest... fwn

The alpines are but ugly :)

I like the simplicity of the Pioneer, And it looks really really nice :)

I will take your advise on the sub / amp combo but maybe stick with the Pioneer HU atm.

Regards

I like the Pioneers - I own a DEH-P9600MP myself :)

Hmmmm....so many possibilities. This deal is fantastic:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-types-pack-p-4814.html?cadid=4a58f758373fd4d9d70c37eac1fce1a2

Beautiful subwoofer and great ported box, including a nice amp and wiring kit. However, this will leave your front Infinity's unamped (although thats not 'too' bad).

I'd actually recommend this subwoofer and box:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1184.html

Fantastic sub and a great price, they like to be abused too! Very very very good for the price :).

Stick to your headunit, but go for the JBL 4-Channel amp and JBL GT4-12 subwoofer/box. That'll bring it up to £295ish.

Get a 4awg wiring kit for the amp, and you'll probably need 8m or so of speaker cable to run from the amp to your components up front.

Right, This is what i'm going to go for (unless its very very very wrong :p )

HU - Pioneer: DEH-P4900IB

link

Door Card - Infinity: Reference 6010cs

link

SUB / AMP

link
link

Wiring - 4-gauge Power kit

link

Wiring Front - I have some "normal" speaker cable, presume thats ok to use?

Total: £379.96

Thanks for the excellent advise so far :D

o_O

I think you'd be better off with the JBL amp so you can use it in 2/3/4 configuration... (room for upgrade) with the JBL sub and box R recommended because...

All your going to hear is BOOM from the back and you need to amp the components to make them sing.. otherwise the sound will be uneven... and you won't enjoy it much so you may as well get the best out of the set up.. I'd go as far as saying that running those Infinity components off the HU would be pointless... so why settle for second best when you could do better for the money... so thats 60+95+70+30+140 = 395

The extra £15 will make the world of difference... trust me!

On the other hand if you dont care much for sound upfront and want bass anyway then your set up there will do you... but that JBL anniversary box is not all that... I've heard it... the 60 JBL box sounds much better... its a 12" and in a better box... hear the two and decide for yourself.

and that amp/sub deal you are looking at comes with a 10awg kit... youve added a second wiring kit there... why do you need two wiring kits? you only need the 4awg if you go for the £60 sub/box

Hope that helps!

I've changed a few bits, Was half asleep while posting last time :)

Presumably that amp can power both my SUB / Components?

untitledmn2.jpg

SORTED!

hows it coming along mate? I took Rep up on his suggestion and put the cross over boxes in the doors... with **** loads of sound deading material.

Pay day is Wednesday, Wednesday evening is the day that i can purchase my goodies, Spent the day prepping the car on Sunday.

Planning cable runs and other things :)

Wait for more, Muhahaha :D

installed the HU today.

Slight issues -> I don't have anywhere on the HU for the aerial connection.

and it sits too far back... Ideas please?

Igloo

It does but it appears to be blank. Will double check that though.

Yep, Definitely blank, No where to connect it to :(

Also, The fitting, it either sits too far forward, or too far back, Is there no way to use the cage?

Igloo

Check if your HU is missing any leads... if it is then get them... my Alpine came with a few FM adaptors which I did not require.. you'd be surprised how things are missing sometimes... last time a wire loom was missing so ask them? Where did you get it from? There might be an alternate connection somewhere on the loom as well...

Some FM connections:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product_list/c_path/48_215_289/spd/aerial-adaptors.html

As for the cage... you need to bring the cage forward and bend the outter pins and edges... so it holds in place.. you should also be able to put a few mounting screws onto the inside - sides...

The black plastic surround to the HU is also quite important as it will bring it forward a few mm's and prevent it from dropping inside.

Hope that helps.

Hi Gurpreet,

So you don't need to use the mounting brackets? From the original unit?

Will it be secure enough using just the cage? There is quite a large gap for the unit to move about in :/.

Will check what cables it should have come with.

Igloo

I didn't use mine... I don't think you need to... all I did was put the centre consol back in place... put the cage in and bended the lips on the opening of the cage.. then slot the stereo in... once you add the plastic surround to the stereo it restricts movement and prevents it from dropping in... if you want to then add some screws or mounting brackets.. its your decision..

Have you installed your components yet? I was going to put my tweeters on the A pillars but I added them to the doors and angled the upwards and inwards toward the driver.. sound deadening has made quite a bit of difference as well... so does the amp...

The component box wouldnt fit in the door (hit the window)... I was going to screw them on the under side of the glovebox but I have my remote central locking there... and I didnt want to add them to a piece of MDF and glue them above the pedals (driver side foot well)... so I put them in the boot (back of the seat)... so much wiring!!!

Hehe, I have gone for the headunit first,

If the funds are still looking healthy at the end of the month i shall add the other bits.

The wings on the cage, (the bits that point in to begin with) Are they what i need to bend out?

they are all around the top / bottom of the cage?

Woo hoo! Installed!!! :D

And as i was doing it the postie delivered my clear repeaters \o/

Back