Update on the BBQ project

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Still waiting for JS Autos to come and pick up the BBQ to get the bodywork finished, so I took time last night to start on the install. Couple of hours work and its looking sweet, need to decide what its getting covered in.

Dont think anyone has any idea wots gonna be included in the install, anyone care to guess? lol

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

Still a lot of work to do before JAE (3 WEEKS TOMORROW) but its getting there, and Ive been told the bodyshop will have it done.

neil

Yes mate, lol, for a start there wont be any flames gettign near it as u can probably see already.

Call me crazy but one the wood be affected by the heat? surely the heat would do some damge......

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Fingers crossed it shudnt be effected as Ive got a few things to use to deflect the heat

Neil

get some of the fire proof stuff that they put behind the dash, that should do it :)

yeah cos tin foil stops heat in it's tracks!

LOL

I can see this going wrong if not properly protected. the heat would cause the MDF to warp at the very least....

micraisok said:
just wrap it in tin foil. probelm solved! and its looking good :thumbsup:

tin foil helps cook my turkey at xmas though

you can not protect wood that is so close to a heat source, several uses later the wood will deteriate in some form, the constant heat then cooling will see to that

Looking good, but as the others say I would make sure there was some form of protection there as the metal will heat up even if the wood is behind it. :) Hope to see i finished at JAE. :D

Fire extinguisher is already sorted lol.

To be honest the heat has only been tested once, but not with the wood in it, maybe that could be a challenge for me over the weekend

I do have a few ideas about the heat control, plus its already encased in the drum so shud be ok

I still think it's a bad idea.....

When ur testing it bring it up to heat and keep it going for an hour, as you'll be using it more at JAE - if it ######s up at least u'll have a bit of time to redesign.

a tv by any chance?? And yeah that will seriously go wrong fact - need more insulation between BBq and MDF, try some loft insulation or something

Its gotta be there this year - last year was a bit of a setback. It must return in all glory this year lol

Good luck!!

Back