Micrawave Project - Update

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Afternoon all,

Apologies to all who were looking forward to JAE and seeing the Micrawave unveiled, sorry for the dissapointment, you arent the only ones.

Ive had a good chat with all the sponsors, and thankfully they are all in agreement with the current situation, much to my relief.

I received a phone call on thursday evening (the night before JAE) which basically rocked everything. The amount of time we had spent on the bbq (2.5 days or so since it was cut in half to now) hadnt paid off, unfortunately most of us were stretched as it was with other commitments like family and work. However the time spent on it was much appreciated and the work contributed to it was amazing, however, it just wasnt quite ready.

The bodywork wasnt up to scratch for the unveling I wanted, and the cut end was still open and very dangerous to the public. More time was needed, but we just didnt have it...

So after a discussion with wayne, and a good sit down and think in a quiet corner, it was decided that it wouldnt go down. Early morning start on the friday and down to waynes to get everything sorted and have a further inspection of the project. It was clear where the time was needed, the bodywork wasnt smooth enough and it confirmed the decision was a correct one.

At the moment, again, time and commitment are needed, and are help is welcome from all avenues, the plan was to try and have it ready for rising sun sunday on the 14th august, but again this would end up in it again being a rush job.

Id really like to thank everyone who has contributed to the bbq over the last few weeks, mainly wayne, chie, and paynee and for the help and time they have given. As you can see from the pictures below the project is getting there, but it just needs that bit more time and commitment to get it ready for show, and to give a really special one off project a good start.

Comments are welcome, I need to sit down now and think about timescales and what is and isnt possible. Main thing is the sponsors are in agreement, and after seeing the pictures, they are even more excited at being part of the 'Micrawave BBQ project'.

Id also like to make people aware that once this project is completed it isnt just going to die away, sponsorshiop deals have already been sorted for next year, and the Micrawave will just continue to grow from strength to strength. And there are still some special little modifications to come to help make even more of an impact....

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Shame about the problems you've had with it, but I have to say, I do think it is looking very good. :)

Thats looking pretty damned good!

Can I sugest something I've always wanyted to see?
Smooth the Saxo spoiler into the superS one and smooth the superS one into the boot.
Also the "car-bq" is smooth but the bumper isn't.

But I am liking it and can't wait to sample a tasty burger off it!

Tempted to cut up my SLX now!

Yeah the bumper will be changed, but due to the time restrictions it was just left. Exhaust etc are also due to be sorted aswell as a few other items.

Not sure of the spoiler side of things, quite like it as it is, but i do see wot u mean.

damn it that looks good!! i'm gonna have to get some pics of my trailer project up :) i got the back end, just need a hitch and a big bit of metal to cover up that hole :)

Not much really, bit of accident damage on one side from a stolen car hitting it aswell as some minor dints in the door and bonnet, and the sills needed re-doing to pass m.o.t, but main thing was I got a new car and wanted to focus on the beast instead... But I didnt want to get rid of the micra, so did this instead, lol

All details are on the site mate in my signature....

well i was dissapointed that we couldnt get to JAE too but i think in waiting till its been worked on more before showing it off will be a good thing in the long run as this is going to be lookin superb when its finished, but for now it shall sit in my garage!
Neil y dont we have a NE meet BBQ at mine when my 'rents are on holiday?? ;)

I think the ideas behind this project are brilliant! Iv seen work done by Wayne before and i know what he is capable of, I cant comment on Chie or Paynee's work as iv never seen any but im sure they will have high standards if it was a show 1/2 car for the club! I saw the bbq and i thought it was looking rough but the ideas were there, it just needed time and it would be looking as good as it should be!

Daz :alien:

well here is NeX's Micrawave ripoff project :)

PICT0107.jpg

PICT0108.jpg

bargin £100, but i have no idea how to cover that big hole!!

Aye the styling behind it is kool!!! Particularly liking the black wheels there hehe. ;) Just needs more attention to the bodywork and it should be looking sweet!!! :D

Lol at Lenny in the 2nd picture. :D

have you actually had the BBQ running??, Can't really tell in the pics...

I was just wondering how well the smoke extraction works..(im assuming it doesn''t flow over the 'rear seats')

You seem to have a large vent above the BBQ and a small one out of the roof.. have you used anything to give the smoke a smooth flow between the two. If the 'chute' is shaped this way the smoke will accelerate out the small roof vent over the open boot and hopefully skyward.. This is a good way of ensureing the smoke doesn't 'hang' around..

kristian

Back