unknown bracket

O

ohc_turbo

My down pipe keeps on popping off from the manifold, i have had it welded on today so its fine but the welder showed me a bracket near the front engine mount, it bolts onto near to the sump and come up to near the down pipe, he said that might be a bracket to stop the exhaust moving and shaking the pipe out of the downpipe, can anyone confirm that its not a exhaust braket and its something else, i dont remember this when i installed the engine

cheers

Sorry, I can't confirm that the bracket the welder is refering to ISN'T for exhaust mounting. I cant find anything like it in my manual.

The only ehaust mount that I know of that is neer the front, is this one marked "19" on the foto.....but this is neer the rear engine mount.

I think that if this exhaust mount is fixed firmly, then the pipe souldnt come away.

Hope this is of some use.

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 208
there should be only one bracket near the engine mate and its located almost direct beneath the rear engine mount slightly ofset and it does secure the pipe and stops the exhaust rattling :)

cheers lads, ive got that one connected tight but it was slipping out of the connector, ill take a pic of the bracket tommorow and see if you guys have got it on youre engine

thanks again

no worries mate, btw do you have the CAT exhaust system as the maniolfd on that is totally differnet to standard, ill check mine for any more brackets

Speedle said:
no worries mate, btw do you have the CAT exhaust system as the maniolfd on that is totally differnet to standard, ill check mine for any more brackets

you could be right mate, my donor engine was a late ecc 1.2, i put the normal manifold on along with my carb, so this bracket may very well be part of the cat surpport or something.

Back