Uk to Mali Africa

I was asked to spill the beans about my Africa trip in a K10...

So...if you guys are interested we have a website.. www.2timbuktu.co.uk

The site is not finished yet but most of the stuff is there...(Y)...The quick story is my wife died 20 years ago and the Hospice that looked after her were fantastic!!!...so now its payback time...and raise some cash for them...plus the whole thing will be a laugh!!!..Take a £100 car..take yer brain out and drive to Mali....

There are links to the Plymouth-Banju challange and the Just giving page.

Cheers all....Kev

Good luck with the trip! We're doing the Sucata run, similar thing, although no where near as far as Mali.

Very good guys, best of luck - How long do you expect it to take you to get there, with stops etc?

Looks like 3 weeks...(Got to add the details of the trip on the website on friday)...Not to many stops..got new years eve in marakiesh which should be fun!!...
Leave the car in Mali which will be auctioned off with all our kit for charity in Mali and fly home...You will be shocked as to how much the cars sell for...Could sell for as much as £800 if not more!!!
Then fly home to get on with my hum drum life....or plan the next trip!!..:laugh:

How do you think the car is looking????....White wheels and bucket seats!!??

Ahh that takes me back, my first ever car was a 1990 1.0 LS in red, and a 3 door too!

15-wheels2.jpg

Best of luck with the trip and keep us all up to date :)

Thanks for the positive comments and the good luck wishies!!!...(Y)..James are they bigger wheels on your old car???

Now i see you guys are interested i will keep you updated...got some big interesting sponsors so the car should look good all stickered up...be good to have a forum sticker on it!!!,,,Got to fit spots to the roof, raise the car and fit the sump guard...bolt the spare wheels to the roof...so next instalment to come.

Thanks again...Kev

Back