tyres

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
I need new tyres soon i currently have 14/65/175 on the car no names and was looking at getting something better and looking at paying up to $100 a tyre with fitting and wheel alignment. can anyone recomend a good tyre to use on my micra. i have found and searched Yokohama A drive tyres $380 fitted.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
for daily i use bob-jane xenons. they are the best 'home brand' tyres they offer and made by bridgestone in australia. paid around 75 and they were 195/60/15....id imagine 14 would be cheaper...

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
kumho ku31 directionals are awesome! I run 15's on the micra and 17's on the skyline, VERY grippy street tyre and good for occasional use.

I buy straight from importer in Brisbane, they fit and balance but not alignment.

Around 75 a tyre though so well worth it!

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

"kumho ku31 directionals are awesome! I run 15's on the micra and 17's on the skyline, VERY grippy street tyre and good for occasional use.

I buy straight from importer in Brisbane, they fit and balance but not alignment.

Around 75 a tyre though so well worth it!
+1.. got kumho KU31 185/55 14Rs and they are awesome tyres..

CMF_ndxxx

» CMF Member
might have to get myself a set of kumho's :p they sound favorable.

id reccomend staying away from continentals. thats what im using now and for 70$ they are they worst tires ive ever run. no grip or traction what so ever.... makes for one scary ride if thats what your looking for though :p

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
Greo WROTE:

"U havent driven on triangles then. They were <$50.

And are ok except in the wet they just slide.

i had cheap tyres till now and had the same problem on dry roads no problems with grip even when i pushed the car around fast corners, but in the wet slides like on ice. so i though ill spend a little more and be safer in the car. So today i paid $90 a tyre for Yokohama A drives 14/175/65. Havent driven much but lighter on the steering wheel and big groves on the tyres so should hopefully make a difference. i only changed the front 2 will see how fuel economy goes.

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
i like 13's, anyone have used this, a dunlop 175x70x13

Attachments

• 67597.gif
    67597.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 54

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
I needed something 'legal' not that long ago, everything I had on my 13's and 14's were stuffed, so I just rocked up to my local Jax looking for something cheap to throw on the 13's.

They actually had some Maxxis tyres in a legal 165/70-13, and bugger me they turned out to be quite good, a lot grippier than I'd have guessed, and true to the Maxxis reputation they don't wear much, likely the lack of weight helps there, but dry or wet they just grip, better than they should for the price anyway.

Like any tyre though, you have to find the sweet spot in air pressure, up front they feel kind of dull under 30psi, in the rear 27psi seems ok, though it feels sharper above that, all comes down how harsh a ride you can live with.

Back