Tyres

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Okay Hack has 15" rims Whitey 14". I want to swap em over.
Whiteys tyres are very new Yokohamas C Drives 185/60 which I am very happy with.Excellent grip/ride.
With 15" rims on Whitey what tyre ? Remeber Whitey some 2" lower than standard.
Feel Whitey due to its instant power will benefit with the 15" rims.
Tyres are not my strong point so would welcome some advice.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
195/45R15:
Well about the best cheap tyre you can get is the Nankang NS2. They're around $120 to $130 fitted.

Next level there is a Fulda Accelera (i think) tyre for around $160 fitted.

The Next step up are Yokohama, etc starting at around $180 fitted. There's still a very limited selection of these around.

195/50R15 and 195/55R15 open up a huge new box of quality tyres under $150. But they're a bit big and possibly not legal due to being oversized.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Oh there's also some cheap Savas, hankooks etc but they're rubbish.

The only decent hankook is the K104 Sport. The K102 which is availble in 195/45R15 are rubbish. Also the Nexen N3000 in 195/45R15 are average. Its a bit of a fightout between the NS2 and the N3000. I think the NS2 offers the same level of traction (if not better) for less of the folding stuff $$$.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
175/60R13 are pretty much goneskies now. Falken will probably kill them off as well (falken are currently in the middle of a range refresh).

185/60R13 are more common in a decent tread pattern. I think thats about as small as you can get in Australia.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Toma, are Yokohama A539s still available for your tire size?

Attachments

• 16750.jpg
    16750.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 38

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Ha, Hack runs 195/50 Sava brand. They are wearing well. I see Sava tyres made in ( gulp) Slovenia but company owned by Goodyear.
I did not buy em came with the 15"alloys.
A cheap type tyre??
Sold by Bob Jane, Beaurepair etc.
Want to put the 15" alloys on Whitey and the 14" on Whitey on Hack.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Haha. I knew someone with a 1.6L automatic pulsar, 15" rims and Sava Intesa tyres. They could light them (yes thats right, a bone stock automatic ga16de pulsar which was putting out barely 50kw at the wheels) up if there was any hint of moisture. :p

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
am i right in thinking there isnt much tyre choice in oz compared to uk?
i would reccomend sticking to only brands made in japan, and of top quality. japanese tyres shouldnt be too pricey being not too far away from them.
yokhamas current drive series seems quie confusing having S/C/A versions. but i think S is the higher perforance version? i would go for the parada spec 2, as this seems a new appealing tyre. or the most sports tyre the AVS SPORT.

cisco

» CMF Member
Polar WROTE:

"am i right in thinking there isnt much tyre choice in oz compared to uk?

Totally mate. Oz sucks for tyre choice on small cars. Tyre choice is awesome if you are driving something large (typical funny Australia), but nowhere near as plentiful if you are into small cars.

I think there are about 3 brands readily available if I want something in the 195/45/15 size. Nexen and Falken being cheapies, and then can step up to about a $290 Michelin.. Apart from that, pretty tricky to find them..

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
that really sucks!
a set of 4 budget 195/45/15 tyres will cost $290 in uk. but those are best avoided anyway.
a yokohama 195/45/15 a539 is about $110 each.

if you could orgnaise a group buy between you guys with a minumum order of 10 tyres, you could get some uk deal prices. email these guys.
[email protected] and checkout the range of tyre they deal in at mytyres.co.uk

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Shame I'm fairly certain I'll move away from 15" tyres.

Trouble with shipment from the UK ( I looked into it) by the time the tyres hit our door steps they will cost the same as they would have cost here. There's no point importing a tyres like the A539 as we can still get them if we look hard enough.

If someone wants to do something with 185/50R14's I think quite a few of us will be in.. This tyre size simply does not exist in australia? I'd like 195/45R14 but the reason i want to go to 14" rims is because I want a bit more rubber between me and the road (I'm getting soft I know!!)

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Okay new shoes for Whitey.195/50 R 15
Goodyear 82W Eagle F.1 Gs-d3 $130
Dunlop Le mans Lm 702 $145
Bridgestone G111 $140
Hankook 82V K103 ( Silica) $120
Yokohama C Drive Awaiting price but will be around $140.
Any advice appreciated.The Goodyear guy leans towards the Bridgestone.

cisco

» CMF Member
A great selection there. Something to enhance whitey's grip I am sure.

Hold on even more. Soon you will need an "oh ****" bar for your passengers to hold onto.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
for the 185/50/14 77v has these good tyres.
Continental SportContact
Dunlop SP SPORT 2000
Yokohama A539

i'll email if you like. shall i get a quote for 12 which would make a full set of 4 for 3 people?

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i emailed for you. replied already.
"
Thank you very much for your interest in our products.We are very sorry to inform you that we do not ship tyres to Australia yet, although we are already working on the website. We are planning on going online in Australia later this year, so we shall be looking forward to doing business with you at that date.

We are sorry we cannot help you at this moment in time.

Please do not hesitate to get back to us in case we could provide further information."

so look out soon for some bargain tyres in australia later in the year.
the company is a good one, they are always cheap, the prices they give include delivery to your door.

Attachments

• 16985.jpg
    16985.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 41
Back