Turbo or supercharger?!

So big qst?!?! (well 4 me neway lol.... turbo or supercharger, could someone who knows list me some pros and cons includin money, petrol, work, partetc... cheers fellas!!!:D:upside:

No! Do some research yourself first then come back with a more specific question!! Google is your friend lol :)

Quite, which is why I am not going to do it for you! lol

lol, been havin a look around... im not sur mysef which id prefer, eg... the sound of a dumpvalve or a supercharger whistle?!?! it seems to be that the supercharger is more efficient (so google found out 4me lol) but going by puttin it on a k11 which would cost less etc... that more suitable ed lol!!!

I have no experience of either conversion. I personally think a super charger would be easier & cheaper without anything to back that up. With a turbo, the amount of fuel required changes dramatically over the rev range, where as with a super charger, it is more linear. I don't know if you would get away with upping fuel pressure to get around a map, but I would imagine/guess you might.

Cheers 4 the replies fellas, but what im asking is 4 me to fit 2 my micra which am i btr off goin for?!?! It seems esy enuff 2 get a turbo kit 4 da right money, but what kind of supercharger do u use?! Has any1 on ere done 1 b4?!?!

can you edit your last post as its to hard for every one that cant read text speak to under stand what you are saying

Check out some of the blogs to get an idea of what needs to be done, supercharger wise I can only think of Solarice, Turbo wise, Micra.Jas and Nis are the only ones that spring to mind that ran/run well..

a supercharger is very much harder to fit than a turbo. turbo kits are available for the micra, (i have one in my car..lol) but there is no supercharger bolt on kit at all...... even the supercharger itself is very rare (sc12 i believe from an mr2) all mounts, belts, piping etc etc are custom jobbies. turbo stuff, manifold, turbo and even exhaust are virtualy off the shelf.

both will cost around £1500 - £3000 for a good reliable setup.

and please for the love of god DONT USE TXT SPEACH we cant read it.!!

sonny (type-r) used iirc a mini supercharger....than ran about 120-130bhp. he was selling the kit quite cheap ages ago (iirc £700 on jap-n-crazy fourm) altough this was a year ago, and its ither gone or hes kept the car.

and yes ''txt'' speak does my head in!

Cheers 4 the replies fellas, but what im asking is 4 me to fit 2 my micra which am i btr off goin for?!?! It seems esy enuff 2 get a turbo kit 4 da right money, but what kind of supercharger do u use?! Has any1 on ere done 1 b4?!?!

Cheers for the replies fellas, but what I am asking is for me to fit one to my Micra, which is the better option to go for? It seems easy enough to get a turbo kit for the right money , but what kind of supercharger do you use and has anyone on here done it before?

Sorry about the last comment fellas, was in a big hurry and wanted to get the comment in before i left lol... anyway cheers for all the help, still not sure yet but i think im going to start off with a turbo kit as thyre easier to get in ireland!!!:D

Back