Turbo help please

CMF_Tseq

» CMF Member
I assume that this must have been discussed before but the old threads are gone so I'll have to ask again.

Intending to turbocharge a micra engine without reducing compression ratio and keeping boost low:

1)Can someone make an adaptor to the original exhaust manifold to mount the turbo or you have to fabricate a new one?

2)Do I have to change engine managment to alter ignition advance?

3)What engine management do you recomend?I need fuel,ignition advance and map sensor control.(Greddy-Apex'i for example)

4)Can I change the duty cycle of the injectors to spray more fuel and not fit bigger injectors?

CMF_thesarah

» CMF Member
to answer simply:

1. Yes you need a manifold

2. aftermarket ecu is worthwhile. you could do 5th injector too if you really wanted too...fuelling and timing is important

3. don't know whats available in your area..australia has a good range of aftermarket ecu's...So not sure what you could get.

4. injectors have a maximum flow rate so you can't..

CMF_Tseq

» CMF Member
Thank you very much!I don't mind if it is in australia as long as there is online order.What price range are we talking about?

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Stay around 4 psi boost which still gives you a very nippy car and you can run with stock everything like fuel pump, injectors, ECU etc.Only issue will be you will have to retard the ignition around 4 degrees. At this sort of boost no need for an intercooler either.
This is how Family Hack started life until the urge for more power took over.
Yes you need to upgrade your entire exhaust system otherwise you will loose too much power as standard system far too restrictive.

Back