turbo a k10

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
ok what exactly would be involved in turboing a k10

does anyone know if something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=280130869853&Category=72205&_trksid=p3907.m29 would fit, i know the manifold may have to be modified.
if not how hard would it be to modify the standard manifolds?

its just an idea at the mo as when i get back from canada i want to take the head off to polish the ports, grind the valve seats and fit a new head gasket due to milage., and i though as im going to take everything off i may look into it.

i know a cg13 conversion may be cheaper but the time involved plus sorcing parts etc and the insurance increase makes this a less feesable plan but i may go ahead if turbo is going to cost a small fortune.

thanks in advance and sorry for the essay.

save your money and buy an ST. :D

i would say that was a good option Daveeeeee, but the money required to import one maybe more then buying the bits??
then keeping it maintained, ok it may not be much, but i reckon thats more expensive buying an st?......aslong as somersetk1 is mechanically minded or knows someone who can help fit a turbo setup as that would lower the cost imo! then its just soucring the parts which he is already asking about in the buy and sell thread.

the turbo kit your posted is for a k11. not sure how hard or interchangable teh parts are although it would only be a couple of things that need to be changed i think?

sorry

thanks any way, yes i know its for a k10 just wonderin if the manifold would fit on a k10 engine?

and yes i (with the help of my father) would be able to fit everything after work hours, keeping labourcosts to nothing and the rest of the kit at trade prices.

k11 and k10 manifolds are umm.....close i believe?? but dont qutoe me just yet please! something i remember reading and "speedle" on here is fitting a k11 janspeed manifold so i think they are close in size yes. think its just new bolts holes need to be drilled to line up properly!!?? but i may be wrong!!

save on labour costs will be good for your pocket and project!!!

yes, but depending on how much power your looking to shift your going to have to uprate the gearbox and clutch, you wont be able to push past 90bhp without having to uprate the gear box, and up to 90bhp is achievable without forking out for the turbo. so this adds more problems.

yes, but depending on how much power your looking to shift your going to have to uprate the gearbox and clutch, you wont be able to push past 90bhp without having to uprate the gear box, and up to 90bhp is achievable without forking out for the turbo. so this adds more problems.

Daveeeeee, my apologies, yes you are right. i forgot that tiny, small, MAJOR, IMPORTANT bit of info lol!!! sorry!!! perhaps i should stick to answering K11 questions :down: sorry.

ps...ollies kinda right imo

Buy some books do some research. No one on here has done such a conversion so its the wrong place to ask for advice, and I know it sounds a bit harsh, but if your the one whos going to do this you need to know what you are doing so there is no point me writing an essay on it.

You'd obviously need to convert it to fuel injection too

by the way, there's a 100 post limit on technical posts. You need to become an official member to continue discussing engine conversions and stuff! :)

Back