Tunning 1.0l

E

edd

Hi i am just away to get given my oldies k11 1.0l when my ban is up
i know from driving it before that they are quick for a 1.0l
its great watching peoples faces when you pass them :)
but i want more power !!
was wondering if anyone knew of any resonable priced tunning upgrades to go for the car is totally standard now

cheers

ed

no doubt ul be told to get a 1.3 engine
k&n panel filter
janspeed manifold
decat

should c more power but no idea how much u will get from the 1ltr from that

yeah best bet is to sell up and buy a 1.3 shouldnt cost too much more if any and the insurance will harly be affected. then thats a 20 odd bhp gain from factory well worth it, if you havent driven the 1.3 version i highly reccomend it this will help you change your mind im sure. the 1.0L are guttless in comparison.

other than that yes as said above, intake and exhaust.

whats the best air filter u can get? is it best to get the induction kit? what give most power?

Was reading a book about tuning a car for performance while maintaining road use.

Shown that cones were best if properly tuned(right amount of filtered air in the ducting before the TB) and positioned correctly. Then it was an airbox with replacement filter with filter sides bottom cut out. Then Standard Airbox with a replacement filter and larger cold air intake. Then finally was a standard airbox with a replacement element. Incorrectly fitted/tuned cone was shown to reduce power in most cases.

I'm going to be getting a replacement element soon :)

how hard is it to put a 1.3 into my car will it take alot of work ?
as i have 12 points and five convictons a hike up to a 1.3 will affect my insurance

its a straight swap with the 1.0 ltr, plug and play. you can use the 1.0 ltr gear box, clutch and ecu etc but i would personally put the 1.3 bits on.

if you drop in the 1.3 and leave the 1.0 bits then i advise you don't increase the power of the 1.3 too much as it may bust the clutch.

:)

try a search for the conversion as its been asked about loads. will find a lot more info.

edd said:
how hard is it to put a 1.3 into my car will it take alot of work ?
as i have 12 points and five convictons a hike up to a 1.3 will affect my insurance

seriously it wont affect it that much, you will spend more on the mods to get the same power in the 1.3 as you would on an insurance hike.

i have a DR10 and SP30, 3 points and a two year ban to my name so i know where your coming from.

i wouldnt put a 1.3 block into your 1.0L car, i would simply sell up and then use the money to buy a 1.3, much less hastle. Ask your insurance what it would cost..also try adrian flux they have been good to me.

ghj

My advice to you my friend is put in the 1.3 and dont tell the insurers the CG 10 and 13 are almost identical anthow so unless Adolf Hitler and the Gestapo are the assessors shoudl you have a bump then I wouldnt worry bout it. I had a diesel 106 years ago with a 306 DT sport 1.9 engine in it and they never even lifted the bonnet lol.

IMO Adrian flux are crooks my Pulsar is curently insured by themselves, they have been incompetent with me just my expereince so not all the same maybe but it was a bad experience,

Its been a long time since ive had the cams out of one of those lol. If the followers are shimmed separately or if the followers themselves are in shimmed sizes then assuming the 13 followers fitted the 10 engine you would have to swap the followers and camshafts as one job lot as the valve clearances would be a mile out and you would have running concerns.

Having said all this the problem you have is that the camshaft retainer caps are line bored, that is to say they are assemled to the head during manufacture to suit the camshafts tolerances (as camshafts as with any machined part vary their tolerances slightly), they retainers are then bored along with the head so every head you pick up is different. You would have the net result of a too tight a camshaft or too loose. Or 1 in MILLON chance you might be lucky and drop on.

NOT worth it matey just buy a 1300 or drop the 13 into the 10.

BEN

Back