Towing limit for Micra CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am trying to establish the real towing limit for a K12 Micra CC.

According to the plate on the door pillar the weight of the car is 1540 Kgs but the towing weight is only 750 Kgs.

The Caravan club says that you can tow 85% of a car's weight which would be 1309kgs.

Can anyone suggest what weight can safely be towed by Micra CC. I would like to tow a very light 2 berth carvan if at all possible. The lightest caravans seem to be around 750 Kgs but you have to allow another 100-150 Kgs on top for personal effects. Should I risk towing 900 kgs ?

By the way, I love my Micra CC ! It is a great fun car.

:k12red:

I would check you read the correct figure first as 1540kgs sounds way too much. What car says about 400kgs lighter.

If my Micra K10 can Tow a BMW E30 with a trailer full of wood......

Hook up and go for a test drive, find a quiet road and do an emergency stop, if the Caravan pushes you into the Hedge then it's too heavy :D

ps It helps if the brakes on the caravan work too ;)

hoopersman

i think that 1540 will be your gross weight (fully laden), and a copper will point to that 750, and say "TS" if your over

Exactly. Weight limits are absolute and MUST be obeyed, or your simply breaking the law. It doesn't matter what you think the car may be capable of it only matters what the plate says, which I should add is from what I can see 750Kg.

Now what this means is you can only tow with something plated to have a MAM or GVW of 750 or less. Doesn't matter what it may weigh of if say you took stuff out to make it lighter it simply goes by the weights on the plate of the trailer or whatever.

You want to get one of these lol:

http://www.btinternet.com/~wheelhome/page6.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back