Tough Wheel Nuts

I got some new Micra K11 wheel nuts and locking wheel nuts. They go on fine at first but the last 3cm or so of the wheel studs they are really stiff to get on. Shall I just continue tightening really hard or will this snap something. And would it be easier if I used a bit of WD 40 or will this mean that the nuts could slide off?

Cheers

Do you mean it takes all that force to just get the nuts to reach the actual wheel Ryan?

NO dont continue with excessive force(smells of a cia set up:grinning:))
you have probably reached their depth, the length the thread can go inside the nut
someone on here ground the tops of the nut off so they can continue to their seating position,cant do that with lock nuts though

cheers for the reply.

There is still plenty of room left for them to travel. I just tried scrweing them in with just my hand and they barely even move. I think I may have been sold the wrong size :S

They tend to come in two thread pitch sizes 1.25mm and 1.5mm. Sounds like you may have the wrong type. Are they bolts or lug nuts? I have a set of McGard bolts I'm selling new for a bargain price...:).

The K12 has bolts and I'm pretty sure they're M12x1.5. Mind you, it is a Clio wearing a Japanese dress :laugh:.

That'll be it then. You've got 1.5 lug nuts and Scott reckons you need 1.25 for a K11...

Yeah they have sent the wrong ones... i'll 'try' and get my money back.

Are the McGard bolts the right size I need? Are there 4 locking and 12 standards. And also the price.....

Nah, sorry Ryan they're bolts :(. Have alook on the bay, it's good for stuff like that :grinning:.

Back