Top Gear Alert

u wont have seen this one as its the start of the new series it has the hampsters crash this week

lol, ive set my media centre to record the series, im sicka watchin the repeats on ukg2 n uk people lol :D

tonight:
Jeremy Clarkson, James May and, most importantly, Richard Hammond return for another series. They try their hand at making petrol, deliver a verdict on the new Jaguar XKR, and talk to Star In a Reasonably Priced Car, Jamie Oliver. Plus, Richard celebrates his incredible return to fighting fitness after his 288mph jet car accident and shows the disturbing footage

I was quite Touched by that :(

LOL @ Hammonds speach before the "Biggest crash of the year"...lol
That is an increadible speed, a very nasty accident, it is incredible to see him back on top gear after that, but im so happy he is, and another EXELENT series of Top Gear Begins.

what a lucky guy, a proper hero, you can tell from that the mental trauma he's gone through. I cant believe it that he almost predicted his crash.

ye i didnt rate the episode as excellent but im sure it will get better its just they had to do the hammond thing before they could concentrate on the series

75 cod and chips. better the rest of the costumers were annoyed. lol
and what an incrediable time jamie oliver set in the wet. only downside was it took him two cars to do it in.

I thought the whole roadworks thing was a bit lame, to be honest. Great review of the Jag v the Aston though, and Hammond's crash footage was incredible. What a trooper.

was wetting myself with the roadworks.. the health and safty bit did me as thats all i get at work.... still want the aston over the jag though looks so much better..

Roadworks stuff was great, and that crash was nasty! You could easily see that tyre falling apart just like formula 1 tyres do, but good to see he's alright!

if it was an three quarters of an hour of roadtesting the new chevrolet matiz followed by a compeling mpg test with the fiesta diesle v's the fiat stilo JTD i know for a fact i wouldnt be watching it.. i want to see grown men arguing ####ing about and talking cars coupled with some awsome shots of cars i probably will never own being thrashed which is what i got :D

if it was an three quarters of an hour of roadtesting the new chevrolet matiz followed by a compeling mpg test with the fiesta diesle v's the fiat stilo JTD i know for a fact i wouldnt be watching it.. i want to see grown men arguing ####ing about and talking cars coupled with some awsome shots of cars i probably will never own being thrashed which is what i got :D

yeah exactly, ive watched top gear ever since i can remember and its always been about the cars but i think theyre making it more generalized. Its still worth watching but i still think a car programme should be about testing cars not really a comedy programme with maybe a car thrown in if your lucky.

i know its been made to appeal to a wider audience but i think when they did this they are turning there back on the people that have been watching it for years.

i know its been made to appeal to a wider audience but i think when they did this they are turning there back on the people that have been watching it for years.

True, but I think they assume that the real car buffs will go out and buy top gear magazine and read Clarkson's column in there and other mags like autocar, etc.

I think it's good that they have made it more appealing. I remember back when the show was in the old format, the presenters actually decided that horrible Fiat Multipla thingy was top gear car of the year because it was "quirky". Theres no way Clarkson, May and Hammond would have done that! :)

I watched it last night and it's still one of the best shows on t.v. and its nice to see the hamster back, of course.

i do love the new format but i think these last two seasons have gone downhill. I remember when they first change into the "new" layout and it was still about the cars and still kept the banter and arguing etc

however as ive said i think its getting less and less automotive influence and it is getting a much much cheesier script. Like i said its still good but not as good as it used to be.

i know what you mean about the magazines but i buy a mag to read and i want to WATCH top gear if ya get me. Its jsut a shame becuase i love top gear and they used to have a good balance of decent tech stuff and the more generalized stuff but i think its leaning towards the latter now.

Has anyone noticed it seems a bit more scripted that it used to be? or is that just me.

I liked it, thought it was a good laugh.

And Hammond still looks so frail, he's lost a lot o weight. Glad he's back tho, wouldnt have been the same without him.

I thought that the crash was hard to watch, knowing what he went through!

As for the format and content, still funny but deffo appeals to a wider audience.

Tbh i don't think seeing the crash does much for him, as he can't remember any of it. If he did, they never would have showed it. He's still very brave though, joking about it etc.

Back