Tinting the micra...

smidge

» CMF Member
i've noticed alot of you have your windows tinted, and with summer approaching and the massive shop window style windows on the micra (ie. every bastard can see in all the time!) i was thinking of getting them done

how much did you pay approximately and any suggested places to go around sydney?

cheers guys

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I'll let ya's in on a wee secret.. I have illegal tint. 32%

But its actually lighter than the 38% on our Patrol. Why? Micra has a light coloured interior and biiiiig windows. The patrol has a black interior.

Quite happy with 32%.

smidge

» CMF Member
yeah i'll be going 20-30% if i can, the windows are massive, or maybe i'll go jap style and 35% on front and 15-20% on the rear

looks awesome i reckon

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
If there's enough sydney guys.
I can organise a tint day $150/micra.

I've organised a few for the Type-R guys on clubitr.com.au and the quality can be vouched.

Legal limit is 30% but IMO 15-20% is more effective, esp in summer.
Downside is reverse/parallel parking you gotta put the windows down at night sometimes.

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
On that note, does anyone know someone in Perth who can do reasonable price illegal tint? Tint a car want 380bux to retint my micra in their darkest legal tint.

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
Min. 4 to go ahead.
$150 is for a micra.
If it's a bigger 4 door car then it's $180 for the whole car.
oh and $50 to remove existing tint if it has it.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Find a tint place and ask one of the guys that works there to do a job on the side go to auto barn and buy there tint film get the guy to fit it should be under 200 easy that is what i did cost me 70 for tint and 100 to fit.

smidge

» CMF Member
got the micra tinted yesterday... 20%... its pretty dark but will fade over time, makes a difference to how hot you get sitting in the car with the sun on you!

quoite happy with it

in hindsight i should have gone 30 on the fronts and 20 on the back but oh well :D

cost $250, from a mobile guy

Attachments

• 29865.jpg
    29865.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 24

smidge

» CMF Member
meh dunno, probly same thing that happened to the sydney meet!!!

$250 isn't too bad for a pro job... biggest quote i got was $380

the hatch window is part the reason for the expense, its quite curvy... good on girls, bad on tints

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"$150... damn I wish I was up in sydney. Desperately in need of some tint for this summer. Doubt i'd be able to find it that cheap from normal places down here.

---dens

i told you i did mine $150 and he is in melbourne... good quality tint... he works at ***** (i better not mention the company name for his sake) and he is doing a side job from home...

same quality tint that normally $300 plus... you can go 20% or lighter...

Back