The Mighty Micra

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
WEll was thinking today as I took off at the lights, gave Whitey the boot and left everything else behind just how much I was enjoying my driving. Whitey now my daily commute and is running as smooth as plus all that torque available just by planting the foot at any speed in any gear.
Hack is just purring along and has some 30000 kl under its belt since the turbo upgrade and running better than ever. Funny the timing chain rattle has disappeared after the drive across Australia.
Gee trade em in on what ?? Nothing I feel will give me the same buzz as these two do. Would have to go to a V8 to get the same pull as I get from Whitey and what else could punt around bends like Whitey. Not much.
Sure could do with more places to store stuff, has an odd annoying ratttle but man with the window down the growl coming from the exhaust gets the blood boiling. Hack also has a great note and other day going through the tunnel they have in Perth gave Hack the boot and the whoosh from the turbo was awesome. Must take Whitey for a bash through the tunnel with the window down !!
The dark side still rules in this household.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Its a shame. I feel the force may be weakening over this side of the country. My timing chain rattle is getting worse at the moment. Charlotte isnt liking the stop start driving we're doing. Storage woes are good - keeps the weight down! Annoying rattles are the force reminding you that you haven't got enough revs! There really is nothing quite like the micra at the moment. All to expensive for what they are and all built to a price - designed to be thrown away after 7 years. Not built for the long haul like these little cars were. A real exception to the small car rule. Gotta love them for how they still put up a fight right to the end!

Geez petrol was expensive the other day. I put $25 of Elite 95 (5% ethanol) in for 124c/L. Later that day regular unleaded was 137c/L. Thats what BP Ultimate was earlier that morning! Sheesh. Glad I'm driving a micra! Always keep the level below half.. otherwise the poke will be drowned by weight. Might go down to the weighbridge next week with half a tank of fuel. See how heavy she really is.

Haha.

Back