tinting rear windows

cardiffboy27

Ex. Club Member
hey all im thinking of tinting my rear windows next week does anyone know of a good tinting film to use or are they all about the same? if so where can i get it from?

i might take the windows off of the car to do it as someone has told me to do them under water in a bath any idea if this would help ?

Most places sell it now, Halfords, Motor world etc...

Yes mostly the same in the shops, cost you around £15 roughly for 2 metres or so, enough for rear side's. And yes I would say take the windows off before doing it, underwater i would not recomend, hot water, soap and some patience should do the trick.

Darren.

I have some lieing around somewhere, say 2 meters or so, enough to do the rear windows... say postage and its yours?

im affraid to do it myself as i see to many corsa's going round with creases in the tints that make it look a shambles! how much should i be paying to get it done properly?
Cardiff boy theres a place down splot industrial estate that quoted me £140 for it (rear and rear sides) BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS QUITE EXPENSIVE TBH!

well you can get Defender Tint from halfords/motorworld/sparesworld wherever, but you have to get one size for the side and one for the rear, and thats without the application set, roughly your looking at £45 for materials alone.

Tinting yourself if no joke either, me and kristian removed the side windows from the car and tinted them flat, they worked fine, but the back window is a pain in the butt, most places who do it professionally will take the back window out or have the craft to manouver around the heating connectors.

another tip is not to do it in the pouring rain and darkness (as me and Kris found out) its difficult, so if you can do it right away, just pay the £140 and get it done properly (Y)

bombz4 said:
im affraid to do it myself as i see to many corsa's going round with creases in the tints that make it look a shambles! how much should i be paying to get it done properly?
Cardiff boy theres a place down splot industrial estate that quoted me £140 for it (rear and rear sides) BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS QUITE EXPENSIVE TBH!

I doubt they will do a bad job, it will no doubt look good for that price.

well my car should be working this weekend, mot'd next weekend and hopefully for the following weekend my student loan will have come through and maybe il give them a ring does that seem expensive or is it about the pro rate for doing it? anyideas?

I tinted all my side windows myself and with a bit of patience they came out great. I had ago at doing the rear window but it just wasnt happening. Tried a heat gun but i didnt have expertise to do it. I ended up taking it a pro tinter and he did a great job without even taking the window out.

Back