D.I.Y Tinting film?

alexm

Club Member (Trial)
i seen alot of the tinting film stuff and was wondering does it look good if you do it your self or does it look like a "bodge job" and you can tell its crap :S ? Also if anyone has done it what % tint are you allowed and is it hard ?

i done it on my side pop out windows myself, was easy and i went for full limo black. not sure about the front sides tho, cnt be to dark tho.

it looks ok mate, long as u do it in a dustless place, otherwise u get bubbles

better then paying £100+, so ive been quoted

yeh they ****** up ALOT and u need alot of paitents.

haha reall strange, im tinting my other car tomarow, hope it goes smooth

All I'll say is that it's one of those jobs... Lol me and my mate tried it on his rover and the side windows aren't easy, but with patience they'll go on fine, the back window is curved though and is a nightmare lol. Just be patient, it can get very frustrating in such a cramped place aswell. :)

back window (boot) is almost impossiable to do on your own, i would go pro with that one...and the rear 1/4 are easy engough. saying that i messed my first attempt up :S

i am skint though hmm.. although birthday in 9days! woo! then i can learn to actually drive the thing aswell haha.

i dont know what the back window is like on the k11s but if it is curved like the k12s, seek a professional (comes with lifetime guarantee) as it will be a right biatch to get it done without bubbles.

oh and i had limo black on my back window before and it becomes very hard to see through at night so beware.

just finnished tinting my car, done the rear sides dark smoke, and front sides light. the rear was IMPOSSIBLE, i think i nearly cried a few times... and i officially have a grudge against the wind :mad:

ha! glad the sides came out well :) yea lot of people telling me the rear is a really #####. :) anychance of putting a pic up :) ?

haha thnx mate. i prolly do it toamorw, too dark to take pics now lol!

yeh they turned out ok, got a few creases, only one or two on the same window:S:S other then that its ok lol! im chuffed

yea it would be good with some pics :) should of taken pics in the process for a guide ha! :D go rip them all of and doing again haha!

the back can be as see through as MDF, and the front has to let through 75% of light.
information sources from the met police traffic unit :D
hope this helps

Finally got some pictures for you!

dfsd.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

Took them just before i went to uni so the cars a mess.

no way are they legal i got done for having window tints when i went to crail im my citreon sexo vtr lol the police tried to do me with 3 points and told me to drive home with my windows down haha ( got of with it a year later though )

Back